Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

Hey John

Thanks for your purchase :D

I'd be happy to help add this functionality to Friend Inviter and my other add on (Social Status Updater) but my only problem is I don't own a copy of Robbo's add on to work with.

I'll talk with Robbo and see if we can sort something out.

Chris please consider the send options or pm option I don't want to get my member in trouble
I am going to buy this now and see how it goes + I really trust your brand ;)

Great add-on!

Are the invite messages sent out, phrased?

Now that I started translating the phrases into my own language I discovered several phrases that does not seem be phrased:

Facebook profile
Invites sent
Type you real name

Great add-on!

Are the invite messages sent out, phrased?

Now that I started translating the phrases into my own language I discovered several phrases that does not seem be phrased:

Facebook profile
Invites sent
Type you real name
Some words were not phrased when I was translating. Could someone verify and cross check this info? :)

I missed them. kkm323 kindly pointed them out. I will resolve them in the next version :)

Hey John

Thanks for your purchase :D

I'd be happy to help add this functionality to Friend Inviter and my other add on (Social Status Updater) but my only problem is I don't own a copy of Robbo's add on to work with.

I'll talk with Robbo and see if we can sort something out.
Thanks Chris,

Let me know if you need anything from me, I'll be happy to help with whatever I can. This is important to my latest project :).

Bug report:
1.when you user doesn't select users to send the facebook i invitation this error appears
Code:
Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 365
FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionFacebookInvite() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xedsa/public_html/index.php at line 13
it should show this message like "you have not yet selected members to send the invitation"

2.Also I was not able to get gmail (google)to work

Code:
Error: redirect_uri_mismatch
The redirect URI in the request: http://www.site.com/friend-inviter/code did not match a registered redirect URI
Learn more
Request Details

3. Phrase : i can't the title when sending emails "explore site with name"

1) Yeah you're right. I will fix that one. But might take me a while though as my wife is about to have a baby! :)

2) Not a bug. You need to set the Google redirect URL properly in the Google settings in the Google API console. If Xenforo is installed in a directory called forums then the redirect URL will be http://yoursite.com/forums/friend-inviter/code

If you don't have full friendly URLs configured then it would be http://yoursite.com/forums/index.php?friend-inviter/code

3) I'll check this out. I assume it doesn't come up if you search for the text Explore in phrases?

Congrats mate! I think this will add another month to the release of the second version :D just kidding! I am not in a rush and you should enjoy your time with your wife and the baby.
1) anytime
2) now its working I spell /friend-inviter Wrong (sorry:oops:)
3) yes, I did both in the language and template :(

As I said you should not rush because your family is always a priority

maybe a bug:When sending individual invitation the message get send however when I select all they don't receive any messages

This could be used with invitations twitter?
Not yet, but in a future version.

How do you see that working, though?

Sending Direct Messages? @Username tweets? Or just simply a Tweet that is visible to all?

I feel the latter is more suitable.

Yes. I know.

What do you want the Twitter invite to be, is my question. A tweet? Or a direct message?

Just purchased and installed. Great resource, thanks!

BUG:
Tried with two different users now to "select all" and submit invites (200 or so) in facebook but both times, both users (after about 20 seconds or so) got a "server timout" error message and only a few of the FB users received invites. Also, the facebook screen that indicates the number of times the user was sent an invite was incorrect. Said 0/3 but checking their FB page, some of them clearly got an invite. No error was logged in the server log in Xenforo. Works fine if you send one at a time.

I got the exact same scenario sending to 64 Facebook contacts. Looking at FB, it appears they were all still sent.

Next version will include the Facebook approved interface for sending messages to your friends too.
I still don't like it, but it appears as though we'll have problems continuing to do it the way we are doing.

Yes, I cannot leave it active and have the users complaining to me that my site (via friend-inviter) caused them to havr to deal with FB as spammers! FB will also, sooner or later, block friend-inviter for API access too (as they have done on other errant 3rd party apps).

I also went into FB and posted the friend-inviter URL and noticed that FB didn't retrieve any site meta data. Checking the friend-inviter page, and the HTML head section is totally missing the opengraph meta data that FB uses, and which is in the root homepage. Can you add it into this page too?

I'd also like to setup a notice with a criteria of whether the user has sent friend-inviter invites out? That way I could have a notice active reminding (and spruking the friend-inviter functionality) them to utilise it :)

*ditto* everything said above. Any idea when the fix new version will be out?

BTW - Congrats on the new crumb cruncher!

Top Bottom