Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

And now, that little test got me in trouble with FB.

trouble.webp

Seems the problem may lie with Facebook not being too keen on all those invites being posted to so many users at once.

Annoying.

There are no documented limits that I've seen but clearly there must be some.

Apologies. I will look into this further.

is it possibe to use this add-on, without activating the "Log-in with Facebook" on my Forum ?
Meaning: I do not want to use "Sign-up via Facebook" on my Forum......

is it possibe to use this add-on, without activating the "Log-in with Facebook" on my Forum ?
Meaning: I do not want to use "Sign-up via Facebook" on my Forum......
Yes.

Make sure you're using the latest version.

In the Admin CP there is an option to use the Facebook login app details. Uncheck this and provide the Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret you wish to use. (https://developers.facebook.com/apps/)

This then enables the add-on to use Facebook without needing the Login with Facebook feature enabled.

My other add-on, Social Status Updater is the same. It does not require the use of the Login with Facebook feature.

but the user who is inviting his FB-friends to my Forum, will have to associate his Forum-account with his FB-account, right?

If this is the case, I think it's gonna be difficult as this option is hard to find for the user. I mean that might be a bit difficult for novice users.

Hi, great add-on. I'm facing problems with the google, the moment i click the google logo and allow access, it keeps loading the page and then shows me a internal server error [500]. Please help.

I've just tested it on your site and it works ok for me.

The Google account you're testing it with...

How many contacts do you have? Also, roughly how many of those might have pictures?

You may expect increased performance if you go into the Admin CP > Options > Friend Inviter and disable Google Contact images.

but the user who is inviting his FB-friends to my Forum, will have to associate his Forum-account with his FB-account, right?

If this is the case, I think it's gonna be difficult as this option is hard to find for the user. I mean that might be a bit difficult for novice users.
Sorry I missed this question.

This add-on does not need to use the built in "Login with Facebook" button.

All the user needs to do is go to the Friend Inviter page, and then click on the Facebook icon. The Facebook icon will ask him to login and approve your app. There's nothing difficult to find. It's all very easy. Try it out at http://www.crazyengineers.com/community/friend-inviter

Not yet.

I will begin working on Friend Inviter again shortly.

I have a feeling the invite limit might be 50.

But I'm also looking at a different way of communicating with the Facebook API which has batch processing methods so hopefully this will be on our way to the solution!

I posted in Facebook developers forum on this to get the limit as I received the malware ban too. The limit is 0! You can not use any sort of invite system to invite off of facebook to Timeline. Automated must stay within facebook, for example a game. Automated off site invites are required to go into a private message. Doing it to a timeline is considered spamming and will result in a ban if it continues after the malware warning. The only way to invite off facebook to a Timeline is to do so with a manual post.

I posted in Facebook developers forum on this to get the limit as I received the malware ban too. The limit is 0! You can not use any sort of invite system to invite off of facebook to Timeline. Automated must stay within facebook, for example a game. Automated off site invites are required to go into a private message. Doing it to a timeline is considered spamming and will result in a ban if it continues after the malware warning. The only way to invite off facebook to a Timeline is to do so with a manual post.
Well, actually, the way to do it off Facebook is by using the Facebook Send interface.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/send/

I just don't want to :mad:

But might have to.

For anyone who has a Pinterest account, you can see an example of how the Facebook invite will work probably in the next version:

http://pinterest.com/invites/facebook/

Top Bottom