Food Fantasia

Is Sirloin not a good cut in the UK? We tend to have it as New York cut here to BBQ or sear in the pan.
According to Wikipedia, bottom sirloin is less tender than top sirloin, and bottom sirloin is what you're normally given - did not know that until just there :p I just think it tends to be a bit dry even when cooked rare.

According to Wikipedia, bottom sirloin is less tender than top sirloin, and bottom sirloin is what you're normally given - did not know that until just there :p I just think it tends to be a bit dry even when cooked rare.

Thanks Evalyn, that's my learnt something new today moment :)

Tonight's dinner was sesame and peanut noodles - a much loved Nigella recipe. Made this last night and had leftovers for tonight which was perfect since I was starving by the time I got home and could not wait to eat!

sesame peanut noodles.webp

Not an amazing photo of the noodles but I really wanted to show off my new Nigella Hands!

This is really just a cold noodle salad tossed in a sauce made of sesame oil, garlic oil, soy sauce, lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and peanut butter. Then scatter over sesame seeds and coriander. Very satisfying when eating on your own in front of the TV. Watching Nigella Kitchen. Yes, I am obsessed, I know :cool:

Tonight's dinner was sesame and peanut noodles - a much loved Nigella recipe. Made this last night and had leftovers for tonight which was perfect since I was starving by the time I got home and could not wait to eat!

Not an amazing photo of the noodles but I really wanted to show off my new Nigella Hands!

This is really just a cold noodle salad tossed in a sauce made of sesame oil, garlic oil, soy sauce, lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and peanut butter. Then scatter over sesame seeds and coriander. Very satisfying when eating on your own in front of the TV. Watching Nigella Kitchen. Yes, I am obsessed, I know :cool:

Looks amazing :D and yeah I love her too, she is great fun to watch and I love her food!

Last nights dinner... Fillet steak, Greek Salad, a few Chippies (not home made I must confess) - was very yummy, but the middle of mine was still completely blue lol I prefer rare, so Jeff ate the middle of mi

Your Greek salad looks lovely. Try with feta cheese, much nicer I think. Feta is my favourite type of cheese :)

Tonight's pizza.....

Tandoori Chicken, tomato, red pepper, Cashews and garnished with fresh mint and coriander.

Quite surprisingly not as tasty as I would have liked.. the chicken was scrumptious but the rest was a little bland, think I needed to add some more of the Tandoori paste to the tomato base.

tandoori_chicken.webp

Not a particularly interesting nor drool-inducing photo but I just wanted to show everyone that I finally tried spaghetti with marmite tonight and it was very satisfying!

Glad you enjoyed it Evalyn, not something I would be keen to try, but each to their own :D

I love your photographs btw, they always look fabulous!

Ground lamb cutlets with roasted sweet potatoes & potatoes for lunch today. Served with salad with a secret vinaigrette, steamed broccoli, and marinated bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus with balsamic vinegar.

Ground lamb cutlets with roasted sweet potatoes & potatoes for lunch today. Served with salad with a secret vinaigrette, steamed broccoli, and marinated bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus with balsamic vinegar.

Sounds good.. I am sure it LOOKED good too, but we'll never know will we :'(

I should have taken a picture, but I couldn't figure out where I put the camera since I last used it. Making the food is second nature, it's just in the blood.

I should have taken a picture, but I couldn't figure out where I put the camera since I last used it. Making the food is second nature, it's just in the blood.

I am sure we would all love to see your food :) Hopefully next time you can find the camera and share your meal with us all :)

Question for you UK people. Do you cook out doors much in the winter?

We don't really have much of a winter, so outside is where we cook.

Top Bottom