Food Fantasia

What is that? Looks interesting :)
I presume you know what a doner kebab is?
Well it's the same meat (lamb), sliced very thinly, on top of pitta bread with a tomato sauce (not ketchup), melted butter and natural yoghurt, with a green pepper on top.
It sounds strange but it's very tasty and nothing like the doner kebabs which can be found in the UK (and probably elsewhere).

Iskender is the guy who originally created the dish.
You can actually travel the whole of Turkey just by eating; Adana kebap, Urfa kebap, Antep kebap, etc. :D

Damn! I'm hungry now :D

What is that? Looks interesting :)

Hi DF, hope you're well. I copied this from Wikipedia. I hope you can find a nice Turkish restaurant where you live and taste it one day, it is yummy! (probably about 1000 calories though! oh never mind...)

İskender kebab is one of the most famous meat foods of Northwestern Turkey and takes its name from its inventor, İskender Efendi, who lived in Bursa in the late 19th century. It is a kind of döner kebab prepared from thinly cut grilled lamb or beef basted with tomato sauce over pieces of pide bread and generously slathered with melted butter and yogurt. Additionally, one cylindrical meatball can be placed on top.

Well it's the same meat (lamb), sliced very thinly, on top of pitta bread with a tomato sauce (not ketchup), melted butter and natural yoghurt, with a green pepper on top.
It sounds strange but it's very tasty and nothing like the doner kebabs which can be found in the UK (and probably elsewhere).

You can actually travel the whole of Turkey just by eating; Adana kebap, Urfa kebap, Antep kebap, etc. :D

Hi DF, hope you're well. I copied this from Wikipedia. I hope you can find a nice Turkish restaurant where you live and taste it one day, it is yummy! (probably about 1000 calories though! oh never mind...)

İskender kebab is one of the most famous meat foods of Northwestern Turkey and takes its name from its inventor, İskender Efendi, who lived in Bursa in the late 19th century. It is a kind of döner kebab prepared from thinly cut grilled lamb or beef basted with tomato sauce over pieces of pide bread and generously slathered with melted butter and yogurt. Additionally, one cylindrical meatball can be placed on top.

Thanks for the explainations guys :D sounds delicious, if a bit heavy on the calories lol heehehe

Tonight I had a Lamb Dopiaza but forgot the pictures again! Man, I suck! :(

What is that Lee? never heard of it
dunno.gif

We even have kebab franchises, not the best but better than Maccas or Hungry Jacks etc.

Damn now feel like having a chicken yeeros for dinner.

Not a real Indian cookery website then.

That's like visiting an Aussie cookery website and not finding snags and tinnies :p :D

Dude, throw snags on barbie, ensuring they end up burnt ... and crack a few tinnies while doing so. ;)

DF and her brother went to Rob's pre-school for a bbq lunch, dude cooking it decided the best course of action was ramp the bbq up to warp factor nine and throw a few hundred snags on. Not sure if they actually got lunch, what with the fire brigade having to be called. So wished I had been there with a digi cam :(

Dude, throw snags on barbie, ensuring they end up burnt ... and crack a few tinnies while doing so. ;)

DF and her brother went to Rob's pre-school for a bbq lunch, dude cooking it decided the best course of action was ramp the bbq up to warp factor nine and throw a few hundred snags on. Not sure if they actually got lunch, what with the fire brigade having to be called. So wished I had been there with a digi cam :(

It did make for a spectactular sight... BBQ engulfed in flames... kids evacuated, huge plume of smoke.... could have been a complete disaster if it wasn't for the half dozen gorgeous Firemen in attendance
dribble.gif

Just made these, but the picture came out bad because it was with my camera phone, and taken fairly high up.

They're seasoned with garlic powder, smoked paprika, tuscan seasoning (I make it myself) and some pepper flake.

EDIT: Added a better picture.

Attachments

• 5102050683_6bc034b5c2.webp
    5102050683_6bc034b5c2.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 22
Just made these, but the picture came out bad because it was with my camera phone, and taken fairly high up.

They're seasoned with garlic powder, smoked paprika, tuscan seasoning (I make it myself) and some pepper flake.

EDIT: Added a better picture.

Potatoes right? they sound really yummy! :D

Mike and I went out to a little Italian place 5 minutes walk from our flat the other night...

la lanterna 19.10.10.webp

I had herb-crusted lamb rack with balsamic vegetables and side of crispy potatoes (I really like them!), carrots and green beans, and he had sirloin steak with garlic butter, chunky chips (more like wedges) and grilled tomato and mushrooms (rather amusing given that Mike doesn't like tomatoes or mushrooms and loves carrots and green beans). It was pretty good but I think I prefer their seafood. Next time... :D

Top Bottom