Food Fantasia

Because I was actually hoping I could make it better to rub into her face because she told me I wouldn't be able to perfect this dish ;(.

I think shes still mad about the other recipes :p.

hahaha! I will have to get this perfect lasagna recipe you realise :p

Tonight: Spag-bol without the spag :)

Essentially: onions, garlic tomatoes, beef mince, soy and worcester sauce, basil, organo, thyme, vegetable stock and ninja skills.

1D400268.webp

Oh, and a bay leaf :)

Chili Cooking Lesson!

Over a high heat...

Add colour to chopped onions and garlic
1DN66968.webp

Add strips of smoked back bacon and brown them
1DN66971.webp

Add turkey mince and brown it
1DN66974.webp

Add vegetable and chicken stock
1DN66979.webp

Add a can of baked beans
1DN66981.webp

Add a can of chopped tomatoes
1DN66983.webp

Add lots and lots of chili powder (I use two different types), some whole chilis and some smoked paprika
1DN66986.webp

Add a can of red kidney beans
1DN66990.webp

Reduce heat to a slow simmer, cover and cook for as long as possible.
1DN67003.webp

Serve on a bed of basmati rice.
1DN67008.webp

Om nom nom nom.

MMMm Chili!!!

Nice to see your recipe Kier, I guess every Chili cook has their own way of doing it, yours looks very yummy!

Ours is similar (duh!) except for:

no baked beans
Beef mince instead of turkey
Beef stock instead of vegetable
cumin powder
tomato puree
Worcestershire sauce

We made about 3 litres yesterday and froze most of it.
Might have to defrost some overnight now :D

I tried the chocolate thing a few times but I couldn't see the point of it to be honest.

Ours is similar (duh!) except for:

no baked beans
Beef mince instead of turkey
Beef stock instead of vegetable
cumin powder
tomato puree
Worcestershire sauce

Yeah ours is about the same as yours Brogan, no baked beans, no bacon either... and lots of cumin, and fresh herbs as a garnish.

Oh yeah, forgot the sour cream and grated farmhouse extra mature cheddar if feeling really greedy...

Sometimes a green bell pepper too.

yeah same here... lots of cumin as well as chilli, no baked beans, no bacon, beef mince (or lentils if I fancy a veggie version)... I also add some chopped peppers.

OH gosh, and I forgot I always add red pepper.

And often smoked paprika (Jeff says I add that to everything LOL I don't but .. I do love it :D )

We use a staple Turkish ingredient in almost everything which is called "kirmizi biber" and is basically crushed, dried red (chili) pepper flakes.

I make my own when I get the chance by growing red chilis, drying them out once ripe and then crushing.

Yum!

I am constantly looking up some of the terms being used. Beef mince = hamburger in the USA apparently. I feel so parochial.

Try a touch of Cinnamon & sugar in the chili sometime, in addition to cumin. And I will try a bit of bacon. :)

I am constantly looking up some of the terms being used. Beef mince = hamburger in the USA apparently. I feel so parochial.

Try a touch of Cinnamon & sugar in the chili sometime, in addition to cumin. And I will try a bit of bacon. :)

Will try the cinnamon next time Dean :D

Top Bottom