Food Fantasia

I hope you didn't forget the brown sauce :D

bacon-and-egg-roll.jpg

We went with BBQ sauce :)

I have been quite busy lately so Jeff stepped up and cooked us a roast chicken with roast spuds, sweet potato and brocolli tonight, it was absolutely scrum-diddley-uptious I have to say!

Sorry no pic, forgot :p

Last night we decided to go with take out as time had got away from us. Anywise DF and myself trudged off to the supermarket to get coffee amongst other things and noted lamb was well priced :) So we ended up having roast lamb (with rosemary), roasted royal blue spuds, and lightly pan fried asparagus for dinner. Much better than take out and took about the same amount of work to put a meal on the table ;)

Last night we decided to go with take out as time had got away from us. Anywise DF and myself trudged off to the supermarket to get coffee amongst other things and noted lamb was well priced :) So we ended up having roast lamb (with rosemary), roasted royal blue spuds, and lightly pan fried asparagus for dinner. Much better than take out and took about the same amount of work to put a meal on the table ;)

It was super yummy too, and as you say very easy, just threw the lamb in the oven and went and had drinks and talked for an hour and done heheehe :D

I did get a photo of the lamb with it's little rosemary sprig punk hairdo... but Sorry... no after pic, we forgot after a few drinks
wine.gif

Strangely after not posting in this discussion for several days....we are having a leg of lamb tonight as well.. we don't eat lamb that often, however they have nice legs on special at our local supermarket this week, so it's very good value!

This one I am marinating in a divine smelling mixture of smashed garlic, fresh Rosemary, Mint, Thyme and Parsley, and lime juice.... it will have about 3 hours of marination, which is barely enough, overnight is better, but it should be fabulous!

Here is the before.. will post an after...... After :p

greenlamb.webp

Green Lamb and Veg :p

It was utterly divine!!!! Surprisingly herby for only a fairly short marinating time, but wowsers it was good!!!!

Served with Roast Italian veggies and sauted Asparagus... mmmmmm

greenlamb2.webp

greenlamb3.webp

Now that looks scrummy!
oh yummy!!! that's actually making my mouth water! :)

It was yummy I must say :D the herb and garlic flavours had surprisingly gone all the way into the meat... it was very good! I have marinated overnight with cut up herbs and not gotten half the flavour.. I think the fact I used the mortar and pestle to crush the herbs released so much more flavour.. definately do it that way in the future.

Sorry to make you hungry Jo!!!!!

It was yummy I must say :D the herb and garlic flavours had surprisingly gone all the way into the meat... it was very good! I have marinated overnight with cut up herbs and not gotten half the flavour.. I think the fact I used the mortar and pestle to crush the herbs released so much more flavour.. definately do it that way in the future.

Sorry to make you hungry Jo!!!!!

Don't be sorry Dragonfly!! It's a good thing - I've barely eaten anything this past week because I've been really ill with a kidney infection - so your food looking so yummy is a good sign! :)

Top Bottom