Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta 4 update released. There are no new images, so if you have a current installation of Flexile you can just import the new XML file and you will be set. It is attached here for your convenience. Because xenforo.com won't let me upload a file with an XML extension, just rename the file and remove the .txt extension once you've downloaded it. :)

Here is the changelog for Flexile 0.3:
  • Updated for Beta 4.
  • Changed roundness of search bar back to original for consistency.
  • Slightly reduced sidebar padding.
  • Moved the right content box in the header down 10px so it doesn't butt up against the "Log in or Sign up" tab when a visitor is viewing the site.
Thanks Erik. I'm sure that you read about the navigation bug, right?

Thanks Erik. I'm sure that you read about the navigation bug, right?
Are you talking about this?
Well I went ahead and did it anyway, and it messed up the navigation bar. So an upgrade is really necessary.

If so, it should be fixed. I've tested it and everything works as expected on a fresh installation of Beta 4. :)

Yeah but I'm upgrading and really don't want to have to revert the navigation template in this style and reapply all of the customizatios which is what mike suggests to do in his post in the beta 4 release announcement thread. I assume you read that post. :)

Hi there,

since I updated to Beta 4 I have a Problem with the Editor. I deleted your style and made a new import with the latest version but I got still this problem. In the default style the editor is showed correctly.

Bildschirmfoto 2010-12-05 um 09.56.12.webp

So maybe you have an idea what I can da?

I deleted the browser cache and used an other browser but the problem is still there :(

Thank for help!

Greetings

Benny

Hi there,

since I updated to Beta 4 I have a Problem with the Editor. I deleted your style and made a new import with the latest version but I got still this problem. In the default style the editor is showed correctly.
The editor icon file was changed from .gif to .png in Beta 4.

You need to copy the new icon.png from the default style to the flexile style directory.

The best way to do this would be to install all the child color styles that you want, and then edit the template on the parent Flexile style and add images with links the the URL's to change the theme. So, for example, if your "Flexile Red" theme had a style id of 3, you would add an image that depicts red (could just be a 30x30 block of red, for example) in the appropriate place in the navigation template, and then wrap it in a link that goes to the URL to change the style.

The problem is that changing the style when logged in requires that you have the correct token, to prevent a security hole. It's possible to do what you want, but somewhat complicated. I'll see if I can figure out the exact code you need tomorrow. :)

Then...

Create the following links...

Code:
style&style_id=2&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible
style&style_id=3&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Green
style&style_id=6&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Orange
style&style_id=7&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Purple
style&style_id=8&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Red
style&style_id=9&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Yellow

But, this saved the users preferences?

============

Thx Erik

Then...

Create the following links...

Code:
style&style_id=2&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible
style&style_id=3&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Green
style&style_id=6&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Orange
style&style_id=7&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Purple
style&style_id=8&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Red
style&style_id=9&redirect=%Findex.php » Flexible Yellow

But, this saved the users preferences?

============

Thx Erik
No, I don't think it will save that style as the user's default style. To do that you would need a modification.
The editor icon file was changed from .gif to .png in Beta 4.

You need to copy the new icon.png from the default style to the flexile style directory.
Gah, I missed this. I'll have to update the package. Until then, just copy the editor icons from the default style directory over to the Flexile style directory as Brogan said. :)

Because xenforo.com won't let me upload a file with an XML extension, just rename the file and remove the .txt extension once you've downloaded it. :)
I usually just zip up the xml file and attach the zip. :)

Erik, can you please post the updated xml in the original post so people don't have to dig through this thread to find beta 4? Or perhaps Brogan can do it.

Thanks! ;)

aaand I'm guessing that importing the xml makes a whole new style and we have to do our customizations all over again?

aaand I'm guessing that importing the xml makes a whole new style and we have to do our customizations all over again?

I don't think so, I made a sub style to the flexile style. So I importet the new XML and overwrite the flexile style. So all changes I made are in the sub style and still work. You only have to check if you have to update some of your customizition

I don't think so, I made a sub style to the flexile style. So I importet the new XML and overwrite the flexile style. So all changes I made are in the sub style and still work. You only have to check if you have to update some of your customizition
I could not find how to overwrite the style?

You have to click import a new style and there is the option:

grrrrrrrrr... I knew that. Thanks.
blushing.gif

Beta 4 update released. There are no new images, so if you have a current installation of Flexile you can just import the new XML file and you will be set. It is attached here for your convenience. Because xenforo.com won't let me upload a file with an XML extension, just rename the file and remove the .txt extension once you've downloaded it. :)

Here is the changelog for Flexile 0.3:
  • Updated for Beta 4.
  • Changed roundness of search bar back to original for consistency.
  • Slightly reduced sidebar padding.
  • Moved the right content box in the header down 10px so it doesn't butt up against the "Log in or Sign up" tab when a visitor is viewing the site.

Thanks Erik, to update the previous Flexile themes, is it ok to overwrite the existing one ? For instance I have installed Flexile under the default them and installed the color versions:

catJA.png

Thanks Erik, to update the previous Flexile themes, is it ok to overwrite the existing one ? For instance I have installed Flexile under the default them and installed the color versions:
That is correct. If you overwrite the original Flexile style, the child color styles will inherit any updates.

For Peggy and anyone else making customizations to this theme, here is what I recommend you do:
When you install Flexile, before you make any changes you should create a child style of the original and call it something like "My Flexile." Then you should make your changes to that style, leaving the original untouched. Mark the original as unselectable by users so it only appears like your customized version is installed. When it comes time to upgrade, simply overwrite the original Flexile style, and then your customized version will inherit the changes. You may still need to manually update some templates that you modified, but such is the life of customizing themes. :)

Also, the Flexile 0.3 package has been updated to fix the editor glitch. :)

Thanks for that Erik.

Unfortunately, the Flexile layout seem to conflict with the XenPorta portal addon. :(
Can you take a look at this screenshot and tell me where I need to go/ what to do,portal.webp to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom