Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this style :)

I have one problem with XenMedio and this style, please, look the screen:

media.webp

Do you idea for fix it ?

Flexile 0.2 has been released with support for Beta 3. I've also added a branding-free option. The price is $20. Please see the original post for details regarding the branding-free option. :)

Here is the changelog for Flexile 0.2:
  • Updated for Beta 3. Templates updated and modifications tweaked to fit current XenForo techniques.
  • Made spacing consistent accross entire theme.
  • Updated text shadow on secondary nav bar rollover to use RGBA values and made slightly more transparent for better readability
  • Made search bar rounded for sexiness and added inner shadow.
  • Added style property to control background of main content area (General → Flexile Content Background). The background of the header can be controlled by the "Header" style property, and the background of the footer can be changed by modifying the "HTML" style property.
  • Made the background of the Login dropdown layer the same as the User Bar's background for consistency.
  • Added Style Properties to enable/disable the mini avatar in the user bar, and the sidebar user card that exists in the default style but is hidden by default with Flexile.
  • 2 new small features:
    • Added the ability to display a simple link in the left-side of the user bar for normal users, to fill the space where the moderator/admin controls are located for mods/admins. This can be controlled via Style Properties.
    • Added a "content box" that is displayed on the right side of the header where you can add some custom content to highlight something important. This too can be completely controlled via Style Properties.
    • Here is a picture of the 2 new features together:
      View attachment 6326
  • All colors shown in the first post are now included in the package by default. To use them, you will need to import each individually as a child of the base Flexile theme.
Jamie, I didn't include a fix for that in the latest update but I'll look into it. :)
In your attachment there I see the user info like "messages, likes, and points" and the user avatar, but I don't see that updated on the latest release of the style. See my pic I just took:
Screen shot 2010-11-24 at 6.16.06 PM.webp

Thank you for this style :)

I have one problem with XenMedio and this style, please, look the screen:

View attachment 6365

Do you idea for fix it ?

In the public.css template, add the needed classes to this list:

Code:
#content.forum_list .pageContent,
#content.news_feed_page_global .pageContent,
#content.member_list .pageContent,
#content.online_list .pageContent,
#content.conversation_view .pageContent,
#content.report_view .pageContent {

In breadcrumb.css, do the same thing for these:
Code:
.forum_list .breadBoxBottom,
.news_feed_page_global .breadBoxBottom,
.member_list .breadBoxBottom,
.online_list .breadBoxBottom,
.conversation_view .breadBoxBottom,
.report_view .breadBoxBottom {

and these:

Code:
.forum_list .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.news_feed_page_global .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.member_list .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.online_list .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.conversation_view .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.report_view .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb {
Jaxel will be able to give you the specific page classes that you need to add. I know this is a really bad way to handle this and hopefully in the future it will be able to work with mods out of the box. Unfortunately this is what is currently required to look consistent (it all depends on the structure of the page whether this is needed or not).

Okay... so I dont forget... and in case anyone else wants to know what I did...
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink
{
	-webkit-box-shadow: black 0px 0px 5px;
	color: @lightTextColor;
	background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png') repeat-x 50% 0%;
	height: 25px;
	line-height: 25px;
	margin: 5px;
	padding: 0px 10px;
}

Can I make some more recommendations?

I like that you took my advice about consistency between the margins... but I think you took it a bit too far. While being consistent with the top and margin bottom was good; I think applying that same consistency to the margin between the main content and the sidebar is just a bit too much. Putting 20px of width between every main body element is just a complete waste of space... The idea of a LARGE margin is to separate unrelated content; the header, maincontent and footer are all unrelated. However, the main content and the sidebar are related content; they should have a SMALL margin. Its like the difference between using a period (.) or a semi-colon (;) in your sentences.

I lowered the difference between them to 10px and I think it looks a lot better:
http://xen1.8wayrun.com/media/

As well, the roundness of the search bar? Not sexy at all... and, not consistent. Almost every rounded element in the style has a radius of 5px... but the search bar has a roundness of 11px. When I first loaded the skin, my eyes immediately stuck directly to the search bar and it was very jarring. Especially since there are white pixel artifacts around the radius border. I've changed it to 5px on my forums and I think it looks a lot nicer.

I agree with you on the search field, but not on the spacing. I think 10px is not nearly enough. I might try 15 for the next version. :) Luckily, you can change them to whatever you want.

And, just a tip for anyone making any modifications to the style. I recommend you rename the Flexile Style to something like "Flexile Original", make it unselectable by users, and then create a child style named Flexile and update that with your modifications. This way, when a new version is released, all you have to do is update the Flexile Original style, and any updates will be inherited to your modified version. :)

Erik there seems to be an issue between Flexile and the Taiga Chatbox addon. In the chatbox, the circle/arrow for xf is not showing where it's supposed to. I'll add the same screenshots here that I did over on the chatbox thread. There is a space where it's supposed to be, but it's not there, which is odd because since Flexile is installed as a child style of the default they should appear where they're supposed to since they do appear correctly in the default style.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• flexile style.webp
    flexile style.webp
    16 KB · Views: 37
  • default style.webp
    default style.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 31
oooooook I can see what's going on now. Flexile calls for these two images, simple-arrow-up.png and simple-arrow-down.png, in place of XenForo's circle-arrow-up.png and circle-arrow-down.png.

I've been looking for these images in the flexile sidebar templates, but can't find them!The reason I've been searching only the sidebar templates is because the circle -arrow images appear just fine everywhere else in the style, except the sidebar.

Any hints?

Ok never mind. I deleted the simple-arrow-up and down images, copied the circle arrow up and down images and renamed the copies simple arrow up and down. Worked like a charm! :)

Very nice. Upgraded and imported all color for user selection.

One suggestion: The Node category area and quoted text background remain constant, should be adjusted to be harmony with primary color.

Thank you.

Erik I seem to be having an issue with the forum status icon colors. When someone makes a post... in Firefox (latest version), the icon color doesn't change like it's supposed to, to indicate that there's a new post. But in IE7 it does change color.

Is there an issue with FireFox?

Hey Peggy, it's working as expected for me using Firefox 3.6.12. I can't reproduce the behavior you're talking about. Could you perhaps PM me your site URL? :)

I think I worked it out Erik. I made a test user and posted. I could see the new post icon on both. But when I post, I don't see it.
So I guess you can only see the color difference for new posts when it's someone else's new post, not your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom