XF 1.3 Editor Toolbar, Spoiler BB Code and MultiQuote

Today, I'm going to show you a handful of changes in XenForo 1.3 that are all related to posting and editing messages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo
  • Editor toolbar adjustments
  • [SPOILER] BB Code
  • MultiQuote

I was just discussing this with Mike, as we were both sure that cross-thread posting was something that had existed in other software before, and were quite surprised at some of the comments here!
I don't think it does. I think you hit on a first. If it does I've never seen it and I've used just about every forum software that's ever existed.

Yeah I know for a fact that vB4 had, however I can't remember if it worked while creating new thread. Regardless I prefer this implementation of it (y)

BTW thanks for finally adding this, its been the biggest and longest gripe since switching to XF some time ago.
VB 4 and IPB both have multi-quote as does most other software. No forum software has the ability to multi-quote across posts or threads. That I am 99% sure of.

I sure could have used the new multi-quote on my last 2 replies.

VB 4 and IPB both have multi-quote as does most other software. No forum software has the ability to multi-quote across posts or threads. That I am 99% sure of.

I sure could have used the new multi-quote on my last 2 replies.
I'm sorry but both VB3 and VB4 have the ability to multi-quote across threads.

I've never see it. How does it work?

I know you can hit the button and it will quote in current thread, but, I've never seen it carry over when you create a new thread or to another thread.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but both VB3 and VB4 have the ability to multi-quote across threads.
I just tested this on my vbulletin 4 test board and it does not allow you to multi-quote in one thread and post them in another unless you copy and paste the quotes from the thread you are in.

Unless it's some setting in admin that I missed it doesn't work like this one will.

I know you can hit the button and it will quote in current thread, but, I've never seen it carry over when you create a new thread or to another thread.

ET77Xp9.png

I just tested this on my vbulletin 4 test board and it does not allow you to multi-quote in one thread and post them in another unless you copy and paste the quotes from the thread you are in.

Unless it's some setting in admin that I missed it doesn't work like this one will.
Yes it does but on VB4 you need to do it from the advanced editor. I'm not going to pollute this thread any more, if anyone still has questions or wants video proof I will be happy to post in a more appropriate thread/forum.

Apologies for going off topic.

I was just typing a response saying that I was 99% sure I could remember announcing multi quote for vBulletin 3.x, and then it occurred to me that I could find out for certain by looking back over announcements...

So, from back in 2006: A cross-thread-capable multi-quote implementation in vBulletin 3.6 :)
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...uncements_aa/191404-vbulletin-com-running-3-6

Of course, things have changed quite a bit since then!

multiquote-k.png

Very nice.

Is there any Link with the selected Posts in Multiquotes, so people will know where the Posts comes from if they have been choosen from other (outside) Threads?

I was just typing a response saying that I was 99% sure I could remember announcing multi quote for vBulletin 3.x, and then it occurred to me that I could find out for certain by looking back over announcements...

So, from back in 2006: A cross-thread-capable multi-quote implementation in vBulletin 3.6 :)
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...uncements_aa/191404-vbulletin-com-running-3-6

Of course, things have changed quite a bit since then!

multiquote-k.png
What did or not in vbulletin, this is much better. I hope this.

Salud2

What happens to spoilers inside quotes and nested quotes?

What happens to quotes inside spoilers?

What happens if you click to expand an image inside a spoiler inside an unexpanded quote? (especially where the unexpanded quote is below the minimum threshold to actually have an expand button)

All issues with most existing spoiler tags

This and also does the spoiler tag work inline? Because the problem I ran into when trying to find a spoiler tag mod for my site about TV shows was that the spoiler insert had to be on it's own line which ruined the flow of the conversation.

Like if I wanted to just put a spoiler on a specific bit of text in a paragraph without breaking up the paragraph I couldn't. I finally did find one but only one of the several spoiler tag mods and methods out there took that into consideration.

Thanks to @Kier for digging up that screenshot so I don't have to. Yes vB had it (cross threads) but it wasn't very visible.

Cool stuff! Keeping my fingers crossed for better node management and inline moderation. If and when I see those previewed, I don't think I'll personally want for anything more. :cool:

Top Bottom