XF 1.3 Editor Toolbar, Spoiler BB Code and MultiQuote

Today, I'm going to show you a handful of changes in XenForo 1.3 that are all related to posting and editing messages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo
  • Editor toolbar adjustments
  • [SPOILER] BB Code
  • MultiQuote

I would just like to reiterate that bringing up things that aren't related to the specific features being shown should be done via the suggestions forum.

Partial quoting is really unrelated to multi-quote (and virtually impossible to do properly in the generic case), and as such should be posted in the suggestion forum.

Great changes to the editor toolbar. It's always nice when things are working as well on mobile as they do on a desktop/laptop.

Thank you for the spoiler BBCode! That was something I was looking forward to being added.

That multiquote system is AMAZING. The only multiquote system I've seen that saves quotes across multiple threads, and even when making a new thread! Brilliant work right there.

I like the update, with 1 exception.

Strikethrough being under a menu called 'Insert' makes no logical sense (I.e it's the last place anyone would look for it). You don't 'insert' strikethrough, you apply it to existing text :/

"With these 'Have you seen' videos you are really spoiling us ..."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Loving the multi-quote implementation - taking the basic multi-quote we're all used to and giving it the XF treatment. (y)

I don't know about others but I use (and see used) Strike BBCode far more than underline. If one had to be moved to make room I'd think underline would be the better candidate.

I'm not sure I've ever see one be able to quote across multiple threads.

This was possible on other software just rarely needed or used. However this XF implementation looks fantastic.

Top Bottom