XF 1.3 Editor Toolbar, Spoiler BB Code and MultiQuote

Today, I'm going to show you a handful of changes in XenForo 1.3 that are all related to posting and editing messages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo
  • Editor toolbar adjustments
  • [SPOILER] BB Code
  • MultiQuote

I don't know about others but I use (and see used) Strike BBCode far more than underline. If one had to be moved to make room I'd think underline would be the better candidate.

This was possible on other software just rarely needed or used. However this XF implementation looks fantastic.
Odd, I don't think I've ever used Strike for anything. I have however felt the need to underline things to draw the importance and attention when necessary though.

I guess everyone's different though :)

I don't know about others but I use (and see used) Strike BBCode far more than underline. If one had to be moved to make room I'd think underline would be the better candidate.
Same here. Guess it's because I'm old enough to remember the days of web pages when just about anything that was underlined was a link and so I never underline any text in my normal postings.

Same here. Guess it's because I'm old enough to remember the days of web pages when just about anything that was underlined was a link and so I never underline any text in my normal postings.
Things and people evolved over time.... Tis a good thing in my opinion ;)

Personally I would prefer if the code option wasn't in the dropdown as I use that the most, although I understand why it has been moved there.

You are getting closer and closer to make me buy XF... ;)

Actually there is only one feature left I'd like to see being implemented in XF – sadly it's quite a huge one –, but who knows: Maybe I soften up on XF earlier, seeing all those carefully added features. Keep up the good work! :)

I was just discussing this with Mike, as we were both sure that cross-thread posting was something that had existed in other software before, and were quite surprised at some of the comments here!

Discourse allows you to quote to other threads, and even better it allows people to quote and start thread but also shows that's been done in both threads.

It would be awesome to have threads stats like they have - threads linking to this one, outgoing links, number of times links clicked etc.

I was just discussing this with Mike, as we were both sure that cross-thread posting was something that had existed in other software before, and were quite surprised at some of the comments here!
Yeah I know for a fact that vB4 had, however I can't remember if it worked while creating new thread. Regardless I prefer this implementation of it (y)

BTW thanks for finally adding this, its been the biggest and longest gripe since switching to XF some time ago.

Maybe no one bothered to remember it because it wasn't designed as awesome as this one?

Indeed, nice implementation of multiquote, and I'm happy with the spoiler tag implementation. Making it clickable ensures it works on the ipad :)

Top Bottom