Current Litigation

I had some fun with a 41 year old Greek woman today, thank you very much :)
the people on irc.xenfo.ro will get the inside joke :p

Your site wouldn't be at risk, no. But you could wind up being the customer of a different forum company.

But honestly, if XF loses this lawsuit, I'll fly to London, put on a clown suit, bend over on the steps of 10 Downing Street and fart out a flock of purple homing pigeons.

Then AnthonyCea will bite their heads off.

(That's the first sign of the apocalypse, by the way.)

We should know whether the Californian case will continue on or shortly after February 7th. As for the London case, there is a proposed trial date in early 2012, but who knows if the case will go that far. Most civil cases don't ever make it to trial.

Thank you for the update

Thanks Kier and Good Luck , i think a lot of us have made money off of your work on VB THANK YOU, if all VB has to do is prove that you used anything you created while employed by VB to win thats not going to be good. I had to sign a paper when i started at the factory that anything i created while at work was the property of them due to inspiration and this is one of the largest companies in the world so if they can get away with owning your thoughts i bet VB can also. Tho im a big Sell out on all my forums and im currently forumless and not eager to start back at square one right now , i will be following the development of xenforo and may purchase a license to operate a small freelancing site for now as long as the terms of service is updated to where i would receive a refund if xenforo goes under financially (due to law suits), also should be stated that my license should be free of any sort of copyright infringement to protect my self. And if you cannot make these promises right now , ill wait until you can.

Much Respect and Regard,
DM

I wanted to say this in a PM ... Conversation
wink.png
, but I might as well do it here: I think XenForo Ltd. deserves a big compliment for the way they (based on Kier's postings) handle this whole appalling situation. The occasional reactions/outings given appear very calm and professional. Hats off.

OK , Its none of my business but thanks for clearing that up. Xenforo has the ability to inspire the uninspired i have a few idea roaming around my head , ive looked at just about every single xenforo forum listed and have yet to find one that was as active as this one.

Having built a successful community to where every aspect was effected with personalization, Seeing the cookie cutter sites with no activity makes me second guess the niche i will pursue. I have learned first hand that in order to build a successful community you have to be passionate about the topic and not just pick something you think would be profitable. Truth be known im not really passionate about anything right now. When i sold my site I paid off everything i own and bought a Hummer and a Jeep and have started to modify the Jeep, tho the market is there i do not feel the same about them as i do my diesel truck so im at a lost right now.

So in lieu of all the difficult questions your faced with , allow me to ask you a good hearted question...

Is Xenforo a true passion for you or is it just a job ?

OK , Its none of my business but thanks for clearing that up. Xenforo has the ability to inspire the uninspired i have a few idea roaming around my head , ive looked at just about every single xenforo forum listed and have yet to find one that was as active as this one.

Having built a successful community to where every aspect was effected with personalization, Seeing the cookie cutter sites with no activity makes me second guess the niche i will pursue. I have learned first hand that in order to build a successful community you have to be passionate about the topic and not just pick something you think would be profitable. Truth be known im not really passionate about anything right now. When i sold my site I paid off everything i own and bought a Hummer and a Jeep and have started to modify the Jeep, tho the market is there i do not feel the same about them as i do my diesel truck so im at a lost right now.

So in lieu of all the difficult questions your faced with , allow me to ask you a good hearted question...

I think it's very safe to say xenforo is all about passion from the devs that create the software to the people/customers that support it. This product/community is nothing like <insert other product/community here> plain and simple.

Oh, trust me when I say, this is not just a job for Kier and Mike, it is a real passion, which has manifested itself in this software. The excitement that I know went into developing XenForo, spread to the code, which when used, has infused itself into the forum community, and beyond.

Yeah, I'd say that's passion. ;)

Interesting image. xenForo is Kier's love baby, and the beta releases are his labor pains. You know where this analogy breaks down? IB is claiming to be the father! I can think of many times guys denied being the father and were, but none where they sued claiming they were and weren't.

Interesting image. xenForo is Kier's love baby, and the beta releases are his labor pains. You know where this analogy breaks down? IB is claiming to be the father! I can think of many times guys denied being the father and were, but none where they sued claiming they were and weren't.

That's got to be the oddest analogy I've seen for the whole IB/Xf affair ...
biggrin.png

That's got to be the oddest analogy I've seen for the whole IB/Xf affair ... :D

Not quite. Correcting...

IB isn't the father. Mike is the father of Kier's love baby!​
NOW its the oddest analogy.

Actually XenForo is Kier and Mike's love baby. :)

And when the judge announces that IB is not the father, this is how we all will react.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom