CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
How about keeping the same Featured wording / style but just grey it out for threads that have been previously featured?

If it's only visible to people with the permission to feature threads it should work quite well. Simple, consistent, re-uses the same phrase, and shouldn't be too complicated to restyle - should it?

I'm going to leave it as an optional template edit, for those who wish to implement it.
Otherwise it's going to require yet more options, style properties, etc. and the initial response was negative rather than positive.
So it's a lot of work for something which would just be disabled.

I'm going to leave it as an optional template edit, for those who wish to implement it.
Otherwise it's going to require yet more options, style properties, etc. and the initial response was negative rather than positive.
So it's a lot of work for something which would just be disabled.

Fair enough, at least the status is there so we can (if we wish) identify what has been previously featured; and just for my own future reference - the template edit is here. (y)

Thanks Paul. ;)

Considering adding the links to the thread list items was never on the to do list, I actually find it extremely useful.

Being able to feature/update/unfeature from the forum view or find new/recent posts pages, without opening the thread is very handy.

This is my Recent Posts page now (with the manual edit to add the [Expired] badge which won't be part of the add-on).

upload_2014-2-22_18-38-29.webp

It's related to the featured thread count for each member.
Being able to award trophies based on the count is just one possibility.

That has been suggested but I can't promise if or when it will be possible to replace the thread author avatar with a different image/icon.

That template was introduced a long time ago - 1.0.0 in fact.

Are you sure?

I'm not sure - I couldn't find the template so I created it. But when it didn't seem to work I was able to revert the template back to the original version.

He has the template. I just checked. The template edit you posted works, without issue. @The Sandman will not have his displayed as "Expired" because there is an icon used.

It's related to the featured thread count for each member.
Being able to award trophies based on the count is just one possibility.

Ah, okay, I see - so anytime a thread is featured, the author gets a +1 on their "Featured" count and you can do stuff with that number (such as award trophies). Sounds like a great way of rewarding people who write great content that you (subsequently) feature. (y)

In that case, I'll change my mind and say checked too. :D

I'd say checked by default.
That surprises me based on your previous post on the subject:
Trophies I'm assuming would be awarded for threads being featured. I tend to start quite a few threads and feature them but I wouldn't want to earn myself a stack of trophies by doing this. So there could be an option for threads featured by yourself not counting towards trophies.
Which is the only reason I added the option in the first place :D

That surprises me based on your previous post on the subject:

Which is the only reason I added the option in the first place :D
I may well uncheck it on my forum. However I still think it should be checked by default as others may be happy to up the count for all users and I wouldn't want this not happening because they missed this option if it was unticked by default.

He has the template. I just checked. The template edit you posted works, without issue. @The Sandman will not have his displayed as "Expired" because there is an icon used.

But shouldn't I still have the option to feature/unfeature from the thread listing rather than having to navigate to the thread?

I didn't see that option in the code anywhere??? I thought it was for "Featured/Expired".

I thought that's what Brogan was showing in his example in the same post as the template edit:

upload_2014-2-21_22-1-26-png.67803

Top Bottom