CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Allow a thread to be featured from the Moderation Actions drop-down (image below)
Inline moderation featuring has been suggested previously but there are a few issues with it.

The current inline moderation tools don't allow for individual actions to be taken on multiple threads selected.

For example, let's say you select five threads and then want to feature them, you would have no way of editing the title, content or expiry date for each thread.
It wouldn't be possible to show separate overlays for each thread as is currently the case when featuring.

It could just use the existing title and content, with no editorial control, and the default expiry date, but would anyone actually find that useful functionality?

I can't really see a good use case for it personally.

What might make more sense and is more in line with how individual threads are handled, is having a new Feature/Unfeature link adjacent to the Edit text on the forum view.
upload_2014-2-18_13-22-3.webp

I haven't thought of a phrase for "editing a currently featured thread" yet :D

Ah, yes, good point - I'd forgotten about multi-thread selection (see, that's why you write the add-on and I just come up with ridiculously mad schemes to keep expanding it further ... mmwwgghahahah!! :ROFLMAO:)

But yes, being serious for a moment, the feature/unfeature link looks like a good way of quickly featuring threads without having to open them and your screenshot looks good in terms of placement (sits well next to the edit link). Nice work! (y)

upload_2014-2-19_13-45-41.webp

I'm not entirely happy with "Update" but "Edit" is already taken, annoyingly :D

The links only appear for those two threads as I don't have the permissions for threads other than my own.

Show the featured expiry date in thread view.
Unfortunately I can't seem to find a way of doing this elegantly.

There is however a link on the forum view now so clicking "Update" will show the expiry time.
Of course only those with the relevant permission will be able to do so.

I could add it to the tooltip text but that wouldn't work for touch screen devices of course.

This was the fallback option.
I tried to get it working in the forum view but it just wasn't possible.

On second thoughts though, I may remove the "Featured indefinitely" and just have the expiry date if there is one.

upload_2014-2-19_20-54-44.webp

Although it's longer, I'd go for "Featured until" as it fits better with the name Featured Threads. Also using Expires could confuse things when a Featured Thread is about a competition with a closing date.

Personally I think that "Featured indefinitely" should be shown for consistency when displaying how long a thread is featured for.

Although it's longer, I'd go for "Featured until" as it fits better with the name Featured Threads. Also using Expires could confuse things when a Featured Thread is about a competition with a closing date.

Personally I think that "Featured indefinitely" should be shown for consistency when displaying how long a thread is featured for.
I take your points but in this case, where space is at a premium, I think less is more.

It's a simple template edit to change it though, so I will provide full instructions if people want to use the other phrase and also show it for threads which are featured indefinitely.

What are everyone's thoughts on this idea?

upload_2014-2-21_20-2-56.webp

And should it show for merged thread redirects?

Top Bottom