CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Indeed Shelley, but I also used your Featured thread enhancement so wanted to thank you too for what you also give back to the community :)

Maybe in the future the resource manager can be smart enough to know when a resource is directly related to another and show it. Shelley's addition is useless (in the functional sense) without this resource and should be associated with it somehow. Now off to view her profile to figure out which styled version I like more :)

Unless I am mistaken, there is no way to open the resource main page for this resource and see Shelley's though right? What is I want to see how others have expanded on this resource from within this resources page?

No, because Shelley's resources are dependent on this one, not the other way around.

No, because Shelley's resources are dependent on this one, not the other way around.

That is what I thought. So instead of "Additional Requirements" I'd be looking for a "Resource Extensions" or something of that nature.

If you pop open your resource main page, having Shelleys resource listed would be helpful to show that she has extended your work in some way.

I'm going to release another update soon.

I've made a few tweaks and added a few options but rather than make everyone wait for the bigger features to be developed, I'll make an interim release.

In summary the new features are (so far):
  • ACP option to display featured threads on the form list - enabled by default
  • Style Property to display smilies in the content - disabled by default
  • Style Property to set maximum height of the feature overlay message area
  • Style Property to set maximum height of the edit overlay message area
  • Style property changes to Block, Forum List Title and Forum List View
  • The word censor is applied to the title

Brogan updated Featured Threads with a new update entry:

More options & style properties

Another small set of updates but they have been requested so rather than make everyone wait while I develop the bigger features, here's 1.3.

There are a number of changes in this release so please read these release notes carefully.

New Features & Functionality
  • ACP option to display featured threads on the forum list
  • Style Property to display smilies in the content
  • Style Property to set maximum height of the feature overlay message area
  • Style Property to set maximum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like to disable Featured threads in my mobile style, is it possible?

Edit. By commenting out cta_featuredthreads_forum_list and cta_featuredthreads_forum_view?

Last edited:
You would not want to comment out lines, that will remove it completely. Do you want it hidden in all spaces?

@Brogan

I've just tested 1.3.0 and the word censor still doesn't apply to the title. :eek:

The other changes are great. Overlay issues are now resolved and the enable smiley option worked better than I expected - I thought with it disabled that it would just show the smiley bbcode rather than stripping it completely, which is perfect. (y)

I would like to disable Featured threads in my mobile style, is it possible?

Edit. By commenting out cta_featuredthreads_forum_list and cta_featuredthreads_forum_view?
If you have a dedicated mobile style you can comment out the templates for that style.

@Brogan

I've just tested 1.3.0 and the word censor still doesn't apply to the title. :eek:
I have tested it on four different installs - two on local host and two live sites (mine and XMG) and it works perfectly.
Perhaps you have another add-on, outdated templates or some code changes causing it?
Edit: What steps are you taking to reproduce it? The title text is censored on save or edit so if you add a word to the censor after featuring a thread, you would need to edit the featured thread to get the censor to take effect.

The other changes are great. Overlay issues are now resolved and the enable smiley option worked better than I expected - I thought with it disabled that it would just show the smiley bbcode rather than stripping it completely, which is perfect. (y)
I figured if smilies weren't going to be displayed they may as well be removed completely, rather than leaving the unparsed smiley text, which in some cases would look like, e.g. :wave:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom