Clip The Apex

I like that quoting mod Brogan, I'm also forever having issues with over-quoting, so to remove the quote option selectively for individual people looks like a good way of tackling it.

It's a bit of a brutal approach but some members just routinely click Quote on every post they make, quoting the entire post every time, and refuse to change their behaviour so unfortunately we were left with no other choice.

It's a bit of a brutal approach but some members just routinely click Quote on every post they make, quoting the entire post every time, and refuse to change their behaviour so unfortunately we were left with no other choice.
Obviously Xenforo itself is in part responsible for this behaviour.
People might quote less if there were quote and reply buttons.

Community Server has a neat way of having just one reply button, but preventing over quoting.

A reply link isn't required as the editor is permanently available.

I have renamed Reply to Quote on my installation, specifically to make it clear what that link does.

My mistake, I was looking at the wrong tab.
Your style is fixed, but I can't help with the iPad issue I'm afraid.

Hey Brogan, nice site btw but I am curious how you got this news page: http://cliptheapex.com/community/pages/news/

I have the twitter widgets on mine, but I am trying to get them to be setup side by side like yours....how can I do this? When I install the code per twitter user it shows up one over another and not side by side like yours....and I see in your code there is no alignment either....

My plan is to show off a small banner above each twitter feed showing off our sponsors.

Thanks!

Each widget is floated left with a right and bottom margin of 8px, except for the last one in the row which has no right margin.

Each widget is floated left with a right and bottom margin of 8px, except for the last one in the row which has no right margin.

Maybe I am missing something, I have actually copied the same code from that page onto mine just to test and I still cant get them aligned next to each other.....

Sorry for the newb questions, but here is my idea:

Have 2 234x60 banners on top, below a 234x200 Facebook & Twitter widget below the two banners. Have 4 rows.

But for now, still trying to figure out how to get both the same widgets you have side by side and not on top of each other argh...

Pleased to say we moved to a dedicated server this morning.

It took less than 20 minutes to rsync the files, copy the DB across, configure the vhost, update a few add-ons, replace sendmail with postfix, update the DNS, set up Memcached and a few other bits before re-opening the site (thanks Mike :)).

The difference in speed is amazing; it used to take 2 minutes to to a template rebuild, now it's less than 30 seconds :D

Very fast - nice one - bet your regulars are loving it (and you too!). :D

<goes back to leafing through new server brochure> - "Someday soon, someday!" <sigh>

Hi Brogan - nice site. You mentioned a few mods early in the thread, but which one are you using for the sidebar in thread view? Is it the sidebar mod that exists here? Thanks in advance..

Your site looks very good Brogan,
It is a nice example of clean, crisp and eye catching. I do hope to one day have my sport website built up to be as eye catching as yours.

Top Bottom