Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Upgraded to 1.1.4 without any issues and as always Syndol amazing support. Really liking the support for the resource manager thanks again for the work you have put into this. :)

Updated as well with no problem.
Do I get an alert if someone submits a review to a resource or just only resource update?

Syndol updated Bookmarks with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.4

What's new:
  • Added the ability to bookmark Resources. Requires XenForo Resource Manager version 1.0.1 or higher.
  • From now on, an alert for the editing of a bookmarked item will only be sent once until such time as the alert is read. This prevents unnecessary multiple alerts for the same item.
  • Added an option to select whether to show the profile page bookmarks tab when the member has no public bookmarks.
Upgrade...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you have not yet received the update, please check your email for additional information.

You already have Public/Private
Private is on your Account page and Public is on your Profile page

I see what you mean.
For now you can arrange them using Tags. Tags are selectable when viewing the bookmarks from the Account page.
As for splitting the display of public bookmarks by tags, that depends on how much interest it gets from other users.

Below is a quick fix for it compliments of @Contex for the library/Bookmarks/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php issue when used with XF 1.2. This solved the issue from my testing, with no issues so far now.

Replace:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostSave(array $messages)
With:
Code:
protected function _discussionPostSave()

Replace (in both spots):
Code:
$bookmarksModel = $this->getModelFromCache('Bookmarks_Model_Bookmarks');
With:
Code:
$bookmarksModel = $this->getModelFromCache('Bookmarks_Model_Bookmarks');
$messages = $this->_getDiscussionMessages(false);

Replace:
Code:
parent::_discussionPostSave($messages);
With:
Code:
parent::_discussionPostSave();

Remove:
Code:
$messages = $this->_getMessagesInDiscussionSimple();

Also... here is a little fix for the addon enable/disable issue when Bookmarks is installed.
Replace:
Code:
$this->_getAddOnModel()->rebuildAddOnCachesAfterActiveSwitch();
With:
Code:
$this->_getAddOnModel()->rebuildAddOnCachesAfterActiveSwitch($this->getMergedData());

Last edited:
Syndol updated Bookmarks with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.6

What's new:
  • Updated for XenForo 1.2.0
  • Added hidden code to help identify license holder in the event the add-on is pirated or shared.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Only install if you are using XenForo 1.2.0 or newer!
  2. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/Bookmarks' to your server, overwriting the old one
  3. Upload the folder 'Upload/js/bookmarks' to your server, overwriting the old one
  4. Upgrade the addon-Bookmarks_116.xml
If you have not yet received the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Installed 1.1.6 without any issues. (y)

Suggestion: Not sure whether this would be worthwhile but the bookmark Tab doesn't display until you've made your first bookmark. Just curious Syndol whether we could have an option in settings that we can check/enable to show the bookmarks tab even if the user hasn't bookmarked anything. If they venture in they go to obviously a blank page of some sorts perhaps have a notice in there "start booking now" or some enticing message to start bookmarking.

Edit: It seems that the suggestion I made has this feature already. As default it's set to display the Bookmark Tab even though if you haven't got anything to display but it still doesn't show from the get go. It's only when you bookmark something that the bookmark tab displays. Is this as designed?

Edit: It seems even after a registered member group bookmarks a post the tab still doesn't display but it displays if a administrator bookmarks but only after they bookmark but tab doesn't display period for members.

Installed on 1.2 beta

bookmark-public.webp

Last edited:
Edit: It seems even after a registered member group bookmarks a post the tab still doesn't display but it displays if a administrator bookmarks but only after they bookmark but tab doesn't display period for members.
Hi Shelley,

This feature works fine for me. I'm unable to reproduce your issue on either a fresh install or an upgrade :confused:
We are taking here about the bookmarks tab on the profile page and not the quick link drop down menu - right?!

Hi Shelley,

This feature works fine for me. I'm unable to reproduce your issue on either a fresh install or an upgrade :confused:
We are taking here about the bookmarks tab on the profile page and not the quick link drop down menu - right?!

Referring to the navigation tab. Sorry I didn't mention that.

Top Bottom