beta 3, beta 4, RC1?

Hmm, so as a customer what kind of expectations should a person set in regards to releases?

Traditionally major release improvements represent a change from one version to another thus 1.0.0. While major revisions usually indicate a small number change, 1.1.0. Finally security and bug fixes denoted by 1.1.1.

What is going to be the standard for XenForo?

As for timelines, the question still worth answering is, will we be seeing any roadmaps for XenForo? A simple yes or no question.

First point releases: 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 3.0.0
Major releases, potentially significant backward compatibility breaks.

Second point releases: 1.1.0, 1.2.0, 1.3.0
New features introduced, potential minimal backward compatibility breaks.

Third point releases: 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3
No new features introduced, bug fixes only. No backward compatibility breaks, unless required by a bug fix.
It should always be possible to say that version a.b.c+2 is more stable than than a.b.c+1, which is itself more stable than a.b.c.

Patch level releases: 1.1.1 PL1, 1.1.1 PL2
Fixes introduced quickly to resolve urgent problems. No new features, minimal changes.

Kier, there is no indication in the footer by which version xenforo.com/community is powered. I agree that by default installation should not indicate the version number on board pages; but, it is beneficial to make it visible on xenforo's site. You might be already running on Beta 3 and we wouldn't even know it.

At this point the version number we are running here is completely irrelevant to customers - we increment the version number here as soon as a release is done, so this site is labelled as Beta 3, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's anything like the version that will go out to customers.

Thanks Kier.

Was the roadmap question answered previously, I missed it in my search? Should customers expect to see roadmaps in the future?
Our roadmap right now is to complete the functionality that already exists in 1.0.0 and get a stable release as soon as possible. Beyond that there are an awful lot of variables to consider, but we would like to keep customers informed of what we are working on.

Very true!! At the moment I'd say it can easily be seen as a 1.0 stable product, so when it finally gets there who knows what it's going to be like bug wise!!

See.. we might think it's GOLD. But K & M don't feel like its GOLD. Which I suppose is a good thing, because they want to create something that is of HIGH quality and not crap like when vB4.0 came out.

I would also personally appreciate less of the negative posts, if for no other reason, so we can move onto better things.

Where did I exactly make a negative post? Before you make false assumptions Dean, make sure you can back it up.

I don't appreciate you coming out and accusing me of something that isn't true.

As a mod I thought you would know better.

What is the issue you're having?
According to Blandt, a member here who helps with my setup, it has something to do with nginx configuration for wordpress and xenforo.
Currently, the Wordpress side is working fine but Xenforo path to css/jss/images are 404. If we remove nginx configuration for Wordpress, it works fine for Xenforo so it's a problem of getting them both to work together.

According to Blandt, a member here who helps with my setup, it has something to do with nginx configuration for wordpress and xenforo.
Currently, the Wordpress side is working fine but Xenforo path to css/jss/images are 404. If we remove nginx configuration for Wordpress, it works fine for Xenforo so it's a problem of getting them both to work together.

Patience man .. patience we'll get it to work. next week sounds tooooo long let's just say 3 days :D

Top Bottom