beta 3, beta 4, RC1?

google mail had been marked as beta for years
For Xenforo developers going to stable release means providing customer support. As long as it's beta they are not obliged to do that. Because they don't have to provide tech support for us, they can concentrate on developing the software. After it goes stable they will have to commit some of their work towards customer support which will slow down development rate.

Just look what happened when "When it's ready" was cast aside...

Which ever aside it went to ....... the team, quality and ultimately customers follow it seems.

We've had the same with the Facebook game over the last few weeks, new image handling had to be written, and it's done when it's done.

I am sure they have planned a lot of things including what they want before gold release, that means they have rough number of betas in their heads. You guys are hoping that it is not planned, I hope you do not run a business :)

Preparation is the key to success.

I am sure they have planned a lot of things including what they want before gold release, that means they have rough number of betas in their heads. You guys are hoping that it is not planned, I hope you do not run a business :)

Preparation is the key to success.

I have successfully run several projects very successfully and know that software is constantly compromised by unrealistic deadlines. Of course there is an order of events from which things can be estimated, though that estimate shouldn't be released to customers, as irrespective of any caveat given it will be taken as gospel and used against the team.

The primary reason for customers constantly demanding dates leads to pressure, manipulation and manipulation of the process of creating the software, which ultimatley is negative for all.

Coordination wins over perpetration most of the time.

You may want to question my business skills, though I hope you have nothing to do with software teams at all, for their sake.

Top Bottom