Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
IIt works on 1.2 but in the staff online widget isnt it possible to hide the mods of a node. They always show up, and i want them hidden. Except the staff. They must be there always.

I would like to add a widget to the position hook:resource_view_header_after_info (ressource manager). But this widget should just appear on the ressource page, not on the discussion.

Is this possible? Which expression I need for this?

I would like to add a widget to the position hook:resource_view_header_after_info (ressource manager). But this widget should just appear on the ressource page, not on the discussion.

Is this possible? Which expression I need for this?
In your position field, change to:
PHP:
hook:resource_view_header_after_info,hook:ad_thread_view_above_messages

Hi @xfrocks - I've sort of perused this thread and tried to find references for discussions regarding the caching mechanism. In my forum I actually don't have any caching enabled (yet) but noticed earlier today that the "Threads" widget would not update even though there were new threads/posts.

Oddly enough it was working fine (updating live it seemed) yesterday when I installed it. Now it is not updating.

Is the cache supposed to update at some regular interval?

I did go back and save each widget again and that seemed to be showing the latest posts/threads now.

Thanks for this addon!
Replying to my own post here but seems to be working more consistently now where the widget seems to be updating live as users post.

Reactions: rdn
In your position field, change to:
PHP:
hook:resource_view_header_after_info,hook:ad_thread_view_above_messages

This is not possible, there is an error: Array to string conversion. I can just add one of them into the field.

When I use only one of them, the widget is also visible on the discussion.

This is not possible, there is an error: Array to string conversion. I can just add one of them into the field.

When I use only one of them, the widget is also visible on the discussion.
I only tested this hook: hook:ad_thread_view_above_messages
Not the one you gave.

But this one doesn't help. With this hook the widget is visible on the ressources page and on the related disussion page, but I need it only on the resources page.

Last edited:
What to do when i buy a mod with a sidebar that doesn't show up with this framework installed and the DEV doesn't care to make it work with the widget framework? :(

I can't delete threads on XF 1.2 while this framework is enabled. There are server logs:

Error info:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to WidgetFramework_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostDelete() must be an array, none given, called in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 762 and defined - library/WidgetFramework/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:12

Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(12): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/xxxxx/...', 12, Array)
#1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(762): WidgetFramework_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostDelete()
#2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1767): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postDelete()
#3 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(877): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#4 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(804): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_updateDiscussionPostDelete()
#5 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1767): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postDelete()
#6 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Post.php(1122): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#7 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php(281): XenForo_Model_Post->deletePost(3401, 'hard', Array, Array)
#8 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Post->actionDelete()
#9 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/xxxxx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

When I disabled this add-on, deleting process was completed successfully.

Note: "delete" mentioned as hard delete.

Last edited:
@xfrocks can I make a suggestion?

As since a few versions ago you've added the option to hide certain widgets for mobile users I would like to propose a functionality that does the opposite and create widgets only for mobile users.

A couple of days ago I upgrade my forums to version 1.2 and the responsive design brings beside a lot of pro's also quite a few cons especially when it comes to using adsense.

I am not a big fan of the current resize ads into difference sizes method. I strongly believe desktop users and mobile users need a customized ad position placement and in my brief experience that stats show I am right.

A mobile only widget would make the life of forum admins with adsense running a whole lot easier and then hopefully more people will start using the widget framework for this purpose as well as its awesome (y)

Thanks so much for your continuous support

Hi @xfrocks - I've sort of perused this thread and tried to find references for discussions regarding the caching mechanism. In my forum I actually don't have any caching enabled (yet) but noticed earlier today that the "Threads" widget would not update even though there were new threads/posts.

Oddly enough it was working fine (updating live it seemed) yesterday when I installed it. Now it is not updating.

Is the cache supposed to update at some regular interval?

I did go back and save each widget again and that seemed to be showing the latest posts/threads now.

Thanks for this addon!
This happened again unfrotunately. The "Latest/New" Threads info was not updated for 3+ hours. Had to go in and save each widget again.

Top Bottom