BbCodes & Buttons Manager - Advanced Bb Codes Pack

BbCodes & Buttons Manager - Advanced Bb Codes Pack 3.7.2

No permission to download
Note: if you're using another bbcode from another addon, to create a button for it, just create an orphan button. To create an orphan button it is like to create a bbcode, except its tag must begin with @. On redactor and the last version of TinyQuattro this @ will be strip when you press the button. So if you're orphan button tag is @myBB, when you press on the button (with direct button return for MCE4), the result will be: [myBB][/myBB].

Please read the addon presentation. The BbCodes Manager is working no matter which is the editor. The Buttons Manager is working with both editors but with far more options on TinyQuattro; for an example look at all the BBM Advanced BbCodes. They are using the default framework of TinyQuattro.
Because you said in installation that TinyQuattro is required, so I was wonderring.

Hi,

I'm just wondering couple of things:
1. Is TinyQuattro required for XF 1.2?
2. If yes, how can we install this add-on on XF 1.2?

Thanks.

Because you said in installation that TinyQuattro is required, so I was wonderring.
I'm sorry, I thought I was in the BBM thread and not this one. I've mixed things. My bad.

Hi,

I'm just wondering couple of things:
1. Is TinyQuattro required for XF 1.2?
2. If yes, how can we install this add-on on XF 1.2?

Thanks.
  1. TinyQuattro is required on XF 1.2 "only" to have the User Interfaces of these BbCodes, otherwise no matter which editor is used, the Bb Codes will still be parsed through the BBM.
  2. If you install TinyQuattro after this addon, you will probably need to go the templates modifications (TMS/TMC) and check if the modifications of this addon have been applied.

I'm sorry, I thought I was in the BBM thread and not this one. I've mixed things. My bad.

1. TinyQuattro is required on XF 1.2 "only" to have the User Interfaces of these BbCodes, otherwise no matter which editor is used, the Bb Codes will still be parsed through the BBM.
  2. If you install TinyQuattro after this addon, you will probably need to go the templates modifications (TMS/TMC) and check if the modifications of this addon have been applied.
What do you mean by "User Interfaces"?

What do you mean by "User Interfaces"?
This for example:
adv03-png.50187

When using the slider is there anyway for the attachment images to not show at the bottom on the post and also for users to be able to get the attachment id number better, maybe someway to upload the image via the slider interface box and have it auto enter the number?

Also my media box is really wide, not sure if its my style making the problem or not, but it looks like its not wrapping the media types text.
Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 22.14.19.webp

Are you planning to port these to Redactor (soon)?
No, I don't need it and these UI requires each time a lot of work. But this addon is on Github and has an opened license so anyone can modify it or contribute to it.

When using the slider is there anyway for the attachment images to not show at the bottom on the post and also for users to be able to get the attachment id number better, maybe someway to upload the image via the slider interface box and have it auto enter the number?

Also my media box is really wide, not sure if its my style making the problem or not, but it looks like its not wrapping the media types text.
View attachment 50277
  • I'm not going to deal with uploads from an UI but why not to have a list with the post attachments. I'll check if it can be done in the next few weeks.
  • This is a problem with the tiny quattro addon and not this one. And this problem shouldn't occur since I had already done a modification to prevent it. May be I reverted the template. I will look at it.

No, I don't need it and these UI requires each time a lot of work. But this addon is on Github and has an opened license so anyone can modify it or contribute to it.

• I'm not going to deal with uploads from an UI but why not to have a list with the post attachments. I'll check if it can be done in the next few weeks.
  • This is a problem with the tiny quattro addon and not this one. And this problem shouldn't occur since I had already done a modification to prevent it. May be I reverted the template. I will look at it.
  • Yep a way to list the attachment numbers would be great, right now users have to attach the files, go to bbcode mode to get the numbers and then back to editor mode.
  • Many thanks, I'll also check i don't have any out of date templates also.

It would be the best if you can create a "Rating" Bbcode button that will be able to insert inside the post content come together with these button... Just my suggestion ! :D

It would be the best if you can create a "Rating" Bbcode button that will be able to insert inside the post content come together with these button... Just my suggestion ! :D
This would require some interaction from the user to the database which doesn't suite a BbCode, especially when these BbCodes can be used everywhere, can be deleted, reused, etc.

@Carla Birch

A preview of what should come soon
preview.webp
It will only work with forum messages, no matter they are new posts or existed posts (the way attachments are managed by XenForo is not exactly the same). This function will require an update of TinyQuattro and will only work on XenForo 1.2 thanks to the new listener of the Beta 4.

The quick id selection by attachments system has been also integrated to the bimg dialog
preview2.webp preview3.webp

This update will be published tomorrow after I run some tests on other boards.

cclaerhout updated BbCodes & Buttons Manager - Advanced Bb Codes Pack with a new update entry:

Version 3.4.1 released

Version 3.4.1 released
  • [Only on XenForo 1.2] bimg & slides Bb Codes dialog can now get attachments id on clicking on a thumbnail
  • The slides dialog has also a few other changes
This update requires the last version of TinyQuattro (for those who are using the Quattro dialogs).

Information: I forgot to mention it but users of XenForo 1.1 will have to import again the xml file after the upgrade to XenForo 1.2.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@cclaerhout on testing the latest updates on 1.2 beta 4 i have found that when you first make a new thread the new system to get the attachment id's does not find the attachments, but on replys it works perfect.
Also as you will see from below video the size of bimg does not seem to work.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All that being said i think its a great update and would love to see you bring all this added support to the new editor in 1.2, also i want to thank you for your endless support to the community.

Top Bottom