Anyone with a VERY large community using XenForo?

I'll watch that with interest, Kier: the large forum I admin has about that many posts and similar traffic (currently 5.8 million posts, 600+ users online). We're pretty much committed to Sphinx and iTrader, so once those are sorted properly, I would consider presenting it to the site's owner.

I'll watch that with interest, Kier: the large forum I admin has about that many posts and similar traffic (currently 5.8 million posts, 600+ users online). We're pretty much committed to Sphinx and iTrader, so once those are sorted properly, I would consider presenting it to the site's owner.
iTrader I can't help with, but big-board search is something I have in hand... watch this space :)

Watching...with interest! Implementing Sphinx was the one saving grace that kept us from having to upgrade hardware yet again. And, it made members happier having such instant search results.

Been running for a while too ... 2001 eh ... those were the days ...
biggrin.png

I will upgrade once sphinx is made for xenForo, not until. Everyone loves the sample test site I run...so look for my big board to run right this...but it's only 1.3million...hopefully it will join the 5.5 mil club one day :)

iTrader should be sorted sometime next week (y) Keep your eyes peeled in the addon releases section.

iTrader should be sorted sometime next week (y) Keep your eyes peeled in the addon releases section.

My two "deal killers" to prevent our big board from dumping vB in favor of XF were iTrader and Sphinx support. The Sphinx (or alternative) is being taken care of here, but with iTrader in the pipeline, it probably would not take much to convince the forum's owner to sell the vB license and go with something better. :D

Great news--thanks!

I'm not far away from being in a position to migrate http://forums.spacebattles.com over to XenForo, along with all its 5.5 million posts :cool:

I could be wrong, but it may hold the crown as the biggest XenForo installation in the world, for a short period.
I've been keeping an eye on this software since the start. Looking to convert http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/ over but still waiting on various features to be added, like many users have stated. It may not have the 5.5 million posts since we prune often, but we usually have 1k+ users online at once (and it's set to 5 min) so what's really attracting me is shear performance and page load times.

So yeah, just waiting on some mods and a few extra core features to be added until we do a test conversion and let a select group of our dedicated users to test it out and see hear their thoughts on what they like better.

I'm not far away from being in a position to migrate http://forums.spacebattles.com over to XenForo, along with all its 5.5 million posts :cool:

I could be wrong, but it may hold the crown as the biggest XenForo installation in the world, for a short period.
Good luck with that... :p whats your db size? -.- lets hope no errors :p

O/T Very nice design indeed.
thats because it looks nothing like IP.... lol

Top Bottom