Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learned something new when I went to put together a list of all releases and their dates. Didn't realize that XF 1.0.0 Gold was released only 15 months ago (3/8/2011). :confused: Not entirely sure why some people think that the sky is falling.

Since the release of XF 1.1, its become a pretty polished product with very little confirmed bugs. Hence (IMO) the reason for less maintenance releases.

XF 1.0.0 - 3/8/2011
XF 1.0.1 - 4/5/2011
XF 1.0.2 - 5/25/2011
XF 1.0.3 - 7/3/2011
XF 1.0.4 - 7/12/2011
XF 1.1.0 - 11/22/2011
XF 1.1.1 - 12/13/2011
ES 1.0.0 - 1/18/2012
XF 1.1.2 - 2/7/2012

Few stats:
  • ~8 months between the last two point releases (1.0 & 1.1)
  • ~7 months since 1.1 has been released
  • ~3 months between the last two maintenance releases (1.1.1 & 1.1.2)
  • ~4 months since the last maintenance release (1.1.2)

BTW unless I misinterpreted one of Mike's recent posts, 1.1.3 will be out next.

Interesting, but have you heard about this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/whats-up-with-the-spacebattles-forum.30885/#post-352698

Not meant as any attack, but if a developher has time to upgrade his board and work on it, why he shouldn't have the time (which is usually shorter, because writing vs working on import is often faster) just give us a propper update?

TIP: not asking for any updates but providing a point. its up to you to understand or not.
That alone gives me good reason to believe XF is still progressing.. I mean who would go through all that trouble knowing some super secret bad news is in the works?

Finally, we can put an end to the rumor that XF will become VB 5 i.e lawsuit settlement.
Made me glad I jumped from vb 3.8 to xF

Well, I'm glad we all (or most of us) don't look like complete fools!

But it is the 2nd tuesday of the month.......

Looks and sounds identical to Xenforo. I already thought to myself "wow that looks good maybe I should go back" and then it hit me - I'm falling into the trap. Of course that's the response they want from Xenforo customers. However I am starting to wonder if this now puts us behind the curve. A lot of my members don't like Xen because no one else uses it (a null subject to me) however....they'll like this. I'm not sure what to say on it.

Well it's a shoe dropping as it sheds no light on the silence on XenForo. So XenForo continues as standalone. Good and bad news. XenForo stays independent. Bad news, vB using financial muscle trying to shut them down. It does remove a good reason for the lack of communication on XenForo, now there is no good reason and adds to that question.

I'm probably going ahead with XenForo/XenPorta and using one of the XenForo developers. Probably wait for 1.2, make sure add ons work and I don't need to update software and forum issues of upgrading, don't pay to make existing site work with 1.2.

I think I may need to try it also.......

Apparently, the "only" good reason for XF not posting daily updates was because of some crazy rumors we all made up about VBB. Now that those appear not to be true, it "proves" something or another.

Apparently, the "only" good reason for XF not posting daily updates was because of some crazy rumors we all made up about vBulletin.

I think you have it backwards. That the crazy rumors aren't true eliminates a reason for the silence on the Xenforo.

Can't wait, 15 more days (OR LESS!) until XenForo 1.2 is released!

Can't wait to see the mobile style and check out the spam management features.

There's no specific release date for 1.2 and considering the stresses and strains of managing the lawsuit, support, and development - I don't expect to see an update for a while yet.

Can't wait, 15 more days (OR LESS!) until XenForo 1.2 is released!

Can't wait to see the mobile style and check out the spam management features.
Incorrect.

Up to 15 days until the TARGETED DATE a BETA (i.e. not recommended for production sites) version of XenForo 1.2 MIGHT be released.

Yorick, please point out in my post where I stated "1.2 FINAL" would be released...

That's right, I didn't. 1.2 per XENFORO is to be released within 15 days or less.

We are aiming to release a beta of XenForo 1.2 sometime in the second quarter of this year.

;)

There's no specific release date for 1.2 and considering the stresses and strains of managing the lawsuit, support, and development - I don't expect to see an update for a while yet.

Considering I started that comment as a thread to count down the days and one of the yahoo mods here merged into the "...Rumors" thread is probably much more telling.

Pretty funny actually.

Actually, they did say they were aiming for a release in the 2nd quarter.
That is not definite, and it looks like it may not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom