Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yorick, please point out in my post where I stated "1.2 FINAL" would be released...

That's right, I didn't. 1.2 per XENFORO is to be released within 15 days or less.

;)
Even so, the rest of my post is relevant. They have not said it WILL BE released. They've said they are AIMING for it to be released.

Yes, he did. I did wonder about that. I thought it might have been a typo, but it can't be because the thing he mentioned wasn't fixed in 1.1.2 so it must be fixed in a yet unreleased version.

Which, I have to say, does (and this is the first time I've ever expressed any negativity towards anything here) annoy me slightly because if the developers are well aware of a vague roadmap which contradicts the one we're already aware of (i.e. 1.1.3 will be followed by 1.2) then I feel they should have been more vocal about that.

There's one thing keeping cards close to your chest when you're not aware of any changes to the official statement you've already given, but when they know they're definitely going to contradict the expectation they've set, it is somewhat disappointing.

Even so, the rest of my post is relevant. They have not said it WILL BE released. They've said they are AIMING for it to be released.

Exactly... and there hasn't been a single word stating that they are not going to make that projected timeline.

15 more days!!!! Whoohooo!

Yes, he did. I did wonder about that. I thought it might have been a typo, but it can't be because the thing he mentioned wasn't fixed in 1.1.2 so it must be fixed in a yet unreleased version.

Which, I have to say, does (and this is the first time I've ever expressed any negativity towards anything here) annoy me slightly because if the developers are well aware of a vague roadmap which contradicts the one we're already aware of (i.e. 1.1.3 will be followed by 1.2) then I feel they should have been more vocal about that.

There's one thing keeping cards close to your chest when you're not aware of any changes to the official statement you've already given, but when they know they're definitely going to contradict the expectation they've set, it is somewhat disappointing.

It is highly possible that they are yet unsure. While developing software you may be working with separate branches some of which may get merged. They may merge 1.1.3 with 1.2 BETA or they may have simply not decided yet.

But still, by the end of June we should hear something...

out of curiousity, i understand not wanting to release info about features no one has, but not even features the other guys have? is it really a strategic move NOT to tell anyone when we're getting stuff the other guys already have? or is it a statement that anything the other guys already have, xenforo will not get, thats why we cant release a roadmap because its all new stuff never seen before and we dont want people copying us

Mike's mentioned 1.1.3 a couple of times now so something is in the works - which is good. (y)

It'll be good to find out just what is included though <hint :D>.

out of curiousity, i understand not wanting to release info about features no one has, but not even features the other guys have? is it really a strategic move NOT to tell anyone when we're getting stuff the other guys already have? or is it a statement that anything the other guys already have, xenforo will not get, thats why we cant release a roadmap because its all new stuff never seen before and we dont want people copying us

From a pure "results" standpoint, the shutdown of communications has divided the XenForo supporters, lead to negative industry rumors, lost sales...nothing good and all bad. Idea that it is some eight dimensional marketing chess is false. It's just plain bad business practice. Every forum software, including XenForo until recently, has a big presence in its support forums for many good reasons. Even the renewal issue, letting it lapse and then just renewing for a year? If one was even attempting to be pro-active marketer, one would have renewed for 10 years which would have generated positive impressions vs. the negative of one year.

I don't think you can bash them for not renewing for 10 years - communication shutdown, yes, that's made a big difference and I don't profess to understand why - but so long as development is ongoing then I am satisfied.

If I felt I was throwing my money away or KAM were knowingly taking my cash with no plans to further develop XF - then that would be a different story; I'd be a fool and have to find an alternative solution and I'd likely never trust them again or support them in any other web venture!

And I can't say I like the lesser-spotted-developers way of operating - it was always good to throw ideas around and get direct feedback from the guys themselves in the forums - but I understand they are going through some difficulties and I can't say I'd want to swap places with any of them - it must be hard going and a lot of pressure.

So long as the updates keep coming I'll keep buying and renewing. :D

I heard 1.1.3 includes a time warp generator, a gold making machine, a 2lbs bar of cadburys chocolate, and finally the ability to force the masses to sign up to your forum and make it an overnight success

Originally it was also going to include the ability to print your own money, but that was postponed.

How i know all this?

My cousins mothers, uncles fathers friends neighbors ex bosses sisters hairdresser once almost drank a full glass of water

The connection?

all 3 members of KAM drinks water!

Therefore clearly with such a well established connection to KAM my contact must know exactly whats going on.

I heard 1.1.3 includes a time warp generator, a gold making machine, a 2lbs bar of cadburys chocolate, and finally the ability to force the masses to sign up to your forum and make it an overnight success
The US or UK version of Cadbury's? If the US version then that'll be a deal breaker for sure! :eek:

Well KAM are from uk so bet its the uk kind!
OK, we're good to go then. I'll make sure my schedule is free the day of the release so I can head over to the local dairy farm to enjoy some milk with my Cadbury's chocolate. :D

OOoohhhh... and with the gold making machine it won't even cost me anything! :barefoot:

I'm wondering who has the crystal ball out there to make these predictions.
I sure could use some winning lottery numbers.

Originally it was also going to include the ability to print your own money, but that was postponed.

How i know all this?
My cousins mothers, uncles fathers friends neighbors ex bosses sisters hairdresser once almost drank a full glass of water
The connection?
all 3 members of KAM drinks water!
Therefore clearly with such a well established connection to KAM my contact must know exactly whats going on.

ROFL!!!
rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom