[Already there] Are post-based ranks and pips supported by XenForo?

Sort of, yes. I wanted to know if I can have post-based ranks that do not rely on trophies anyway... For example, you start off as a "New Member," and then become a "Member" at 50 posts. Now, can someone be a "Member" at 50 posts but without earning any trophy points or trophies?

I can see where you're coming from, it is kind of irrelevant how it is implemented behind the scenes, but you would want to replace the trophies page with a ranks page and hide all traces of the trophies?

Sort of, yes. I wanted to know if I can have post-based ranks that do not rely on trophies anyway... For example, you start off as a "New Member," and then become a "Member" at 50 posts. Now, can someone be a "Member" at 50 posts but without earning any trophy points or trophies?
I'd like this too. Just "X posts = new usertitle" without issuing a trophy.

Kier, about the criteria. Should we assume that each checkbox is in addition to the previous one? So that the trophy is only given when ALL of the criteria is met or do they work as 'or' so that the trophy is issued if one of the conditions is met?

Kier, about the criteria. Should we assume that each checkbox is in addition to the previous one? So that the trophy is only given when ALL of the criteria is met or do they work as 'or' so that the trophy is issued if one of the conditions is met?
Each trophy is individually configured and awarded and independent of other trophies.

You can get the trophy for 100 likes for example before you get the one for your first post.

Is that what you mean?

What I mean is, going off this:
screen-shot-2010-08-09-at-23-48-09-png.706

If I was to set a value for the first 2 boxes (days registered + posts made), would I have to meet both conditions to be issued the trophy, or just meet condition 1 OR condition 2.

If I was to set a value for the first 2 boxes (days registered + posts made), would I have to meet both conditions to be issued the trophy, or just meet condition 1 OR condition 2.

It's for meeting all criteria. If not, that would be a really weird set up. :p

Ah, now I see your point.

In that case I would say all criteria that are specified would have to be met.

Hopefully Kier or Mike will confirm.

@above, probably be best if they were above and below... :)

Possibly, but if the plan is to make buttons usable on touch screen phones then you want to keep them quite big, although personally I would question their need at all, things like that just tend to slow you down when you are tabbing through the fields anyway.

And if they had a "less than" for the likes, and X Posts all sorts of fun titles could be made :p

Here hoping all trophies can be set to 1 point, every X posts, X likes etc. Having 30 trophies that are actually trophy points would confuse my members. Rather have 1 for each achievement.

so if you get a trophy for having let's say 50trophy points.... this means you cannot have 50Trophy points.. since then you'd have 51 :p

makes me wonder... if I were to lose a trophy point at that state.. and go back to 50.. would I be re-awarded 1 for hitting 50? or would it help to go back to 49 and then back to 50?

Top Bottom