Ad Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

The thing is this is client side stuff and not server side. Any add-on can do this if you put in some custom CSS. CSS or JavaScript is what controls what a device will see. Either the CSS will use media queries and use certain CSS rules depending on the width of the window or JavaScript will measure the width of the window and do what is needed in that situation.

As for making this add-on handle that itself, it depends on the type of ads. However in an upcoming release I think I can work something out.

"Nodes as Tabs" addon caused ad manager banners to not display. I wish I knew more about how to explain it, but after an un-install of both and a re-install of ad manager all is back to normal.

Can you use xenforo template syntax with this?

I want to exclude the ads from a single forum but can't figure out a way to do that. Using the "is in nodes" criteria doesn't work as it then excludes it from my forum index, etc.

"Nodes as Tabs" addon caused ad manager banners to not display. I wish I knew more about how to explain it, but after an un-install of both and a re-install of ad manager all is back to normal.
There might be something happening with callbacks. Added to the list of things to check for next release.

Can you use xenforo template syntax with this?

I want to exclude the ads from a single forum but can't figure out a way to do that. Using the "is in nodes" criteria doesn't work as it then excludes it from my forum index, etc.
I think the best way to do it for now is to use CSS to hide the ad. As long as it is a banner or something that won't give you false views and blacklist you. Or you could give the test build a go which I am fairly certain adds the extra criteria for sections that need "not". But use it with caution, test it out first.

There might be something happening with callbacks. Added to the list of things to check for next release.

I think the best way to do it for now is to use CSS to hide the ad. As long as it is a banner or something that won't give you false views and blacklist you. Or you could give the test build a go which I am fairly certain adds the extra criteria for sections that need "not". But use it with caution, test it out first.

CSS hiding isn't allowed with the majority (all) of ad networks.

So it's not possible with the current stable build? Your post I quoted suggested it was.

Yeah I'm not sure. Trying to think of a way to do it with current stable build. If not I will have it in soon as focus is about to shift to a new release here. And if I don't get the test build working I will at least pull the new criteria settings from the test build and put them into the stable one.

Found another little hiccup. I know I'm only giving you problems when involved with other addons, but if using xencarta by 8wayrun banners randomly appear on wiki pages.

Are you sure it is random? I use template hooks to place them so there would have to be hooks added or something? Bit confusing why that would happen.

Robbo, I've come across a problem caused by what I believe to be a bug. I posted on the merc.au forum incase you get a minute to take a look. Cheers :)

For everyone else: In a nutshell, it seems banners aren't displayed on a per-node basis when the pageNav is being displayed (When there is more than one page of either threads in the thread list, or posts in the thread view).

Does this rotate banners in the same position ? I.e if we have 20 advertisers which need to be rotated on the same header position , will this do it ?

If you use the test build you can do that but it is very much use at your own risk. If you have a test site to try on first that uses the same add-ons you use in production etc you can use it to see if it all works for you.

Top Bottom