Ad Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

The latest one that isn't a test build. Test builds are alphas.

I just installed TaigaChat (fantastic addon!). Because of this addon the behavior of the user is not to leave this page often because active chat is going on. Is there a way to have ads change and load on their own without changing pages? Like special ads designated by myself change every 60 seconds by an ajax call with your addon? Thanks!

I just installed TaigaChat (fantastic addon!). Because of this addon the behavior of the user is not to leave this page often because active chat is going on. Is there a way to have ads change and load on their own without changing pages? Like special ads designated by myself change every 60 seconds by an ajax call with your addon? Thanks!
You can't do that at the moment. This is something that is requested a lot and planned even though I would never recommend someone use the feature.

How can we get a square block aligned to the right of the content like: http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1775475-panasonic-vt65-fan-noise.html
If you can get the ad in content (I don't know how well positions can allow for that atm) then add the style "float: right" to the ad, and if text is too close also add something like "margin: 0 0 5px 5px;" to it.

You can't do that at the moment. This is something that is requested a lot and planned even though I would never recommend someone use the feature.

If you can get the ad in content (I don't know how well positions can allow for that atm) then add the style "float: right" to the ad, and if text is too close also add something like "margin: 0 0 5px 5px;" to it.

Any reason you wouldn't recommend it for the situation I am describing? For me I know I am about to have a bunch of people sit and park on one page for hours. Being able to serve (and sell) ads that rotate seems like a smart way of doing things. Anything you can tell me to help me understand why it would be bad would be really appreciated. Maybe make me reconsider how I do this.

Any reason you wouldn't recommend it for the situation I am describing? For me I know I am about to have a bunch of people sit and park on one page for hours. Being able to serve (and sell) ads that rotate seems like a smart way of doing things. Anything you can tell me to help me understand why it would be bad would be really appreciated. Maybe make me reconsider how I do this.
Firstly your users might not like it at all, having ads change their focus from content or what they are doing, essentially interrupting them when the ads change.
And secondly it might not go down well with ad services. They might see it as boosting views in some way. I'm not sure though and you might not even use any.

Firstly your users might not like it at all, having ads change their focus from content or what they are doing, essentially interrupting them when the ads change.
And secondly it might not go down well with ad services. They might see it as boosting views in some way. I'm not sure though and you might not even use any.

To provide the services for my users I have to sell ads. Forums cost money and especially if I have chat and I am streaming content I would need an ad in there to offset the cost. It wouldn't be google ads in this case, just ads I sell to people in our industry. I figured google ads would NOT like it. Would it not be a smooth reload in just that little piece? Ajax call and maybe fade into the next ad?

To provide the services for my users I have to sell ads. Forums cost money and especially if I have chat and I am streaming content I would need an ad in there to offset the cost. It wouldn't be google ads in this case, just ads I sell to people in our industry. I figured google ads would NOT like it. Would it not be a smooth reload in just that little piece? Ajax call and maybe fade into the next ad?
Yeah I would most likely just do a fast fade out and in.

There will be updates but not for some time. It is still in beta because of missing features, mainly that of multiple ads for one position which is hard to execute well. The next big release will contain this feature and move things towards a stable release.

Does this work for 1.2 as-is? Now 1.2 is stable I'm going to switch to it - but not having this plugin would be a pain, as it currently handles all my ads.

Responsive ads? You set the styles yourself. Just set a style with a percent instead of pixels etc.

I don't see why stuff isn't there already for it, you might set percents for width as well. Responsive designs aren't anything special, they just use different CSS. Give me a clearer understanding of what you want and I'll add it.

Top Bottom