Ad Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Responsive designs aren't anything special, they just use different CSS. Give me a clearer understanding of what you want and I'll add it.

Adsense doesn't, instead they use custom javascript. They've literally just released a new responsive ad format in beta though.

Adsense doesn't, instead they use custom javascript. They've literally just released a new responsive ad format in beta though.
That is something out of my hands though. You guys are the ones inserting the adsense code so you are to set it to responsive.

I'll see what I can do to make things easier for you guys though.

That is something out of my hands though. You guys are the ones inserting the adsense code so you are to set it to responsive.

That was exactly my point . You asked for a clearer understanding so you could add it but its beyond your control.

The brand new responsive ad units might be something to look into though.

That was exactly my point . You asked for a clearer understanding so you could add it but its beyond your control.

The brand new responsive ad units might be something to look into though.
Well I plan to ad better adsense support where you don't paste all the code but integrate with it somehow. This isn't any time soon though.

Hi,

I just upgraded to XenForo version 1.2 and decided to uninstall all my add-ons during the process.

When I now try to install "Ad Manager" again, I get the following error message:

"Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'merc_ad' already exists"

UPDATE: I went into my sql database and deleted all the tables beginning with merc and then re-installed. This seemed to solve the problem.

Last edited:
I am about to make a profile completion and donation manager release. Then comes going over the ad manager to make sure things are working and will have one person working on it to get to the next major release while I work on the media gallery.

Is it possible show an ad on all pages except one of your choice, I know you can set the page criteria to "Content Template is:" but I want to do the opposite "Content Template is not"

Some stuff doesn't allow for "not" in the stable build. The upcoming release I have added them in. I'm sure you can work around it though. One thing that comes to mind is using CSS. in EXTRA.css add in
PHP:
.some_page_container_class_here .the_ads_class { display: none; }

Some stuff doesn't allow for "not" in the stable build. The upcoming release I have added them in. I'm sure you can work around it though. One thing that comes to mind is using CSS. in EXTRA.css add in
PHP:
.some_page_container_class_here .the_ads_class { display: none; }
That's against the ToS from google adsense (and i'm sure many others don't allow this too)
e.g. https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1354736?hl=en
Techniques to avoid
Here are some techniques you’ll want to avoid:

• Hiding ad units at anytime (e.g., display:none)
Just saying^^

Yeah I had a feeling that might be an issue. Guess it would still count as a view. But if you aren't using adsense then no issue.

Are you sure it works with xenforo 1.2?
I have yet to test it. 2 other add-ons are getting releases shortly and then I will have someone test the ad manager and if anything comes up patch it.

Yeah I do expect there will be no issues with 1.2. All I am using is template hooks to place ads and none have been changed, the rest of the stuff is my code in the backend. But I will put it through tests anyway. This add-on will also get a complete rewrite soon to attempt at more elegantly placing ads and allowing more than one ad in one position. It is just hard with client side vs server side when it comes to how much space the ad can take up and how to calculate how much space is left in a position to fit a new ad.

OK, maybe this is explained in the previous 15 pages. With XF 1.2's Responsive Design, it would be nice to have an add-on that will feed different sized banners to accommodate various display sizes, and perhaps omit them if appropriate for smartphones and such. If this were possible and easy to implement, I'd become your customer really fast. Is this possible?

Check my three forums in my signature and you'll see my dilemma on mobile gear.

Top Bottom