• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok does anyone know if there is a way to disable the Twitter and Facebook boxes in the Recent News module?
They're redundant, and due to the size, don't look good on the homepage.

Of course, if there's a way to resize them, I could settle with that.

Ok does anyone know if there is a way to disable the Twitter and Facebook boxes in the Recent News module?
They're redundant, and due to the size, don't look good on the homepage.

Of course, if there's a way to resize them, I could settle with that.

I'm confused... If you mean the Portal - wouldn't that just be dragging the twitter and facebook blocks down to the unused area and hitting update modules?
My recent news block does not have any type of facebook/twitter blocks...

Otherwise, I am thinking it would be a core XenForo feature...

Edit...

Now I see what you mean....

One thing to keep in mind is.... If your news is too short to fill the block, these blocks will keep the blocks somewhat standard in size - so I noticed on my board.

I would say how to edit the template and remove them, but I am sure someone has a CSS way of dropping these blocks.

Hey all - have searched but cant see this problem cropping up before. Having a problem after install that I have two Home Buttons, the right hand one has the dropdown when not active, and the left hand(first one) just links to the portal? Any help greatly appreciated :)

Thanks Oracle.... but no luck I am afraid... both ticked, and still getting two :( I dont suppose you fancy some paid tweaking do you? - I have a few other issues too that I cant crack such as image sizes and no scroll on twitter :(

I don't require payment to lend a helping hand. I am not available to help with the other issues today but can take a look tomorrow.

Check ACP > Basic Board Information, Board URL. This should be your clean URL in this format: http://www.mysite.com

Thank you sir. Confirmed that my Board URL is that :( Even more problems now - cleared my cache and now all modules have gone...ie portal has reset to blank. Sorry to keep asking bone questions...

Just having uber troubles with images now - is there any way to get Xenporta to resize the thumbnails it pulls in to the recent news section? We have the forum thumbnail setting in ACP set quite high - 600 pix ish because we cant find an autoresizer for xen yet?

Also, when there is an image in the post, it aligns far left when in news feed and covers up users avatar... See pic.
Screen shot 2011-05-27 at 22.23.05.webp
Thanks in advance for any assistance!

For those of you who have been wanting to remove the twitter and Facebook share from the recent news modules on your homepage, this is what I did.
I went into my templates, to the template EWRporta_Block_RecentNews, found and removed this bit of code:

Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
                    <div class="messageUserShare">
                        <xen:contentcheck>
                            <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.tweet.enabled}">
                                <div class="tweet shareControl">
                                    <a href="http://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical"
                                        data-lang="{xen:helper twitterLang, $visitorLanguage.language_code}"
                                        data-url="{xen:link canonical:threads, $news}"
                                        data-text="{$news.title}"
                                        {xen:if {$xenOptions.tweet.via}, 'data-via="{$xenOptions.tweet.via}"'}
                                        {xen:if {$xenOptions.tweet.related}, 'data-related="{$xenOptions.tweet.related}"'}>{xen:phrase tweet}</a>
                                </div>
                            </xen:if>
                            <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookLike}">
                                <div class="facebookLike shareControl">
                                    <xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
                                    <fb:like href="{xen:link canonical:threads, $news}" layout="box_count" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
                                </div>
                        </xen:contentcheck>
                    </div>

If I did the wrong thing, I'm sure Jaxel will tell me. :p
But everything still works fine.

Smooth, your portal page normally showcases your best written articles. There are two popular methods of selecting articles for your portal page:

1. Select a specific forum which will be used. Any threads in that forum section will automatically appear on your portal page. This would be good for a company with official announcements, for example.

2. You manually Promote good articles to your portal page. You select the best articles from your site and click the Promote button.

You can also use a combination of the above two methods. The reason I share this information is the example portal articles you shared have almost no content. Is there any chance you would really share an article like that on your portal page? If not, then try creating the smallest article you might really use, then presenting that on your page. If the images still do not appear the way you want to see them, we can troubleshoot further.

The code used to present and the look and feel of your website is called CSS. The best means to manipulate that code is by adding code to your EXTRA.css template.

I added a usergroup legend to my standard sidebar_online_users template, but this does not show up on the XenPorta page. How would I go about pulling the legend I added into the Online Block for XenPorta?

(It's added to the sidebar_online_users just by using <xen:include template="tlk_usergroup_legend" />), already tried that and it didn't seem to work just adding that to the EWRporta_Block_OnlineUsers template)

This was posted many pages back, but wasn't commented upon nor fixed in the latest version so I figured I'd add it again with a screenshot!

Bug Report: After promoting an article to the front page, <span>Promote Options</span> code is displayed where there should be done. See attachment below.

portal_bug.webp

This was posted many pages back, but wasn't commented upon nor fixed in the latest version so I figured I'd add it again with a screenshot!

Bug Report: After promoting an article to the front page, <span>Promote Options</span> code is displayed where there should be done. See attachment below.

View attachment 15494

I can confirm this, immediately after promoting the thread the text changes to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom