• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with the "recent new" module i have it in the top left, and it has its coloum right but if theres a video in that news post is stretched into the right coloum My site

Now with the "recent new" module i have it in the top left, and it has its coloum right but if theres a video in that news post is stretched into the right coloum My site

Not 100% sure but I don't think you can put that block on the left successfully - someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It needs to me top, bottom or right.

Renada :)

its not change where ever i put it, im vlearing my cache to, the only options i have is
top-mid-btm/Left
top-mid-btm/Right
and side bar

Sorry, you are correct, it changes my forum homepage instead from its directory to /forum/

Either way... right now, the current version changes a URL that it shouldn't change.
It MUST change... You can't have two different indexes.

All it does is take /portal and move it to /, and it moves / to /forum

Your latest version installed on RC1 is taking the forum installation at /community/ and making portal /community/portal/portal/ exactly like that, without turning on the index controller.

Your past versions have made the portal /community/portal/ and with the index controller left off, the forum home resides at /community/ using default XF structure.

The current portal release has created a new URL for the portal, as above, which is a problem reported by other members over the last couple of pages.

There is one to many /portal/ in the URL on a new install of RC1.

Your latest version installed on RC1 is taking the forum installation at /community/ and making portal /community/portal/portal/ exactly like that, without turning on the index controller.

Your past versions have made the portal /community/portal/ and with the index controller left off, the forum home resides at /community/ using default XF structure.

The current portal release has created a new URL for the portal, as above, which is a problem reported by other members over the last couple of pages.

There is one to many /portal/ in the URL on a new install of RC1.
Oops... I normalized the portal pages in order to handle multiple portal layouts... I'll take that out for the next version.

In case you guys don't know, you can have multiple portal layouts... for instance...
http://8wayrun.com/portal/test/

Hi,

When i put RecentSlider in top-right and nothing in Top-Left the slider block stretches out all towads the left (which is what i want) but the division inside the block i.e. between the featured slide and the fragments (other slides) is not proportionally stretched.. how can i change this setting?

I get an "The requested template could not be found." error when I try to install version 1.4.4, would reinstalling 1.4.4 fix this problem?

EDIT: Reinstalling 1.4.4 didn't help.

Jaxel, I just upgraded to the newest XF version yesterday and afterwards the forum crashed. Andrej did a full backup restore for me and it worked for a few hours but this morning the forum crashed again. I tried disabling your portal but it won't make a difference. When I go to the forum tab I get this message. Someone suggested that something is wrong with the portal. Strange thing is if someone on the home page clicks on a thread they can go to it fine, it's just the actual forum tab page that wont' load. I have you 1.5.0 version. Do you see anything that relates to your portal?

Server Error

Undefined index: last_post_id
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/NodeHandler/Abstract.php at line 129
  2. XenForo_NodeHandler_Abstract->_getForumLikePushableData() in XenForo/NodeHandler/Forum.php at line 46
  3. XenForo_NodeHandler_Forum->getPushableDataForNode() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 645
  4. XenForo_Model_Node->mergePushableNodeData() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 640
  5. XenForo_Model_Node->mergePushableNodeData() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 612
  6. XenForo_Model_Node->pushNodeDataUpTree() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 758
  7. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 28
  8. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex() in EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 9
  9. EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/corefree/public_html/index.php at line 13

why is there no documentation showing how to configure the portal modules? i just upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.50 and im completely lost as to how to change each module. for example, increase the amount of "recent threads", configure the facebook module, etc...

im sure this has been asked before, but it's a pain in the arse to search through 168 pages of posts (and there's STILL no "search in thread" option in xenforo).

nevermind, i found the option panel in the admin cp. im dumb.

why is there no documentation showing how to configure the portal modules? i just upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.50 and im completely lost as to how to change each module. for example, increase the amount of "recent threads", configure the facebook module, etc...

im sure this has been asked before, but it's a pain in the arse to search through 168 pages of posts (and there's STILL no "search in thread" option in xenforo).

there is a search in thread option.
heres a test:
http://xenforo.com/community/search...&t=post&o=date&c[user][0]=1295&c[thread]=7586

ah. it's just hidden in the search block. neat :)

just wondering though, i can't seem to get the blocks to change order no matter what i do. for example my middle column should be:

tiagachat
recent threads
recent news

but instead it is stuck as:

recent news
recent threads
tiagachat

...no matter what order i put them in, they won't appear in any order but the first order listed above. not sure what to do here...

using XF1.0.4 and porta 1.50

...no matter what order i put them in, they won't appear in any order but the first order listed above. not sure what to do here...

using XF1.0.4 and porta 1.50
maybe a cache issue?
It's been a while since I messed with my portal but it seems I had to update the cache to see changes once.

I have that same problem with my center column as well. Using 1.1 RC1 and 1.5 though. I think the common item here though is Taiga Chat. I use it as well and I only have 2 modules I'm displaying there and TaigaChat would NOT go above anything and would always be at the bottom (as in your example). No idea of a fix though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom