• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking to use them but I no longer see them in the portal layout.

I think top: left/right and bottom: left/right have replaced them. If you want to get the same effect I think you just have to put a block in the top: right or bottom: right positions.

Renada :)

That's what I thought but no good. What was nice about those two positions is that it kept the portal from looking like every other portal page out there.

I'm looking to have one block on the top that spans across current left and right blocks and stops at the sidebar. I also want the same at the bottom. Both of these blocks were available in 1.3.8.

I'm looking to have one block on the top that spans across current left and right blocks and stops at the sidebar. I also want the same at the bottom. Both of these blocks were available in 1.3.8.

You need to put the block in the top:right position and bottom:right position and leave the top:left and bottom:left positions blank.

I've been up one side and down the other looking for the Promote Thread button or an option to specify which forum gets its threads posted to the front page. No luck.

Where is it? Or does XenPorta need an update?

XenPorta on my other forum had a PromoteThread link and I vaguely recall a config option that let me select which forum had threads auto-promoted.

I've been up one side and down the other looking for the Promote Thread button or an option to specify which forum gets its threads posted to the front page. No luck.

Where is it? Or does XenPorta need an update?

XenPorta on my other forum had a PromoteThread link and I vaguely recall a config option that let me select which forum had threads auto-promoted.

If you've installed v1.5 then the block configuration options are now in the ACP > Home > XenPorta > Blocks

Click the Recent News block and select your forums.

If you've installed v1.5 then the block configuration options are now in the ACP > Home > XenPorta > Blocks

Click the Recent News block and select your forums.

Ah hah. Much thanks.

Follow up question;

The layout only gives me the options of top/mid/bottom left/right and sidebar. There doesn't seem to be a valid place to stick RecentNews - the layout explodes.

Ah hah. Much thanks.

Follow up question;

The layout only gives me the options of top/mid/bottom left/right and sidebar. There doesn't seem to be a valid place to stick RecentNews - the layout explodes.

Top right will do it - leave top left empty.

Darq said:
When I try to uninstall the add-on, I get this error after confirming delete

Error
The requested template could not be found

How do I uninstall it?

Same issue, yet I've un-installed it before just fine, though.

Also made sure none of the XenPorta templates were edited.

Kind of stumped on this one, was planning on updating to 1.5 today. :S
I've fixed this. Dropped Portal tables from database, ran the 1.4.4 XML installer, and then went to remove it, worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom