• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try using the install.php file from the 1.5.0 package... that's what I had to do and it worked. Upload the install.php from the new package then you should be able to uninstall the old add on. (root/library/EWRporta/Install.php)
Tried, but to no avail.

I now get this error when trying:
Code:
Invalid model 'EWRporta_Model_Blocks' specified

XenForo_Model::create() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 161
EWRporta_Install->_uninstall_0() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 156
EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode()
call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1645
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 117
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/admin.php at line 13

I also, foolishly, just completely got rid of the 1.4.4 Install.php. Hopefully I'm not going to end up needing it!

Tried, but to no avail.

I also, foolishly, just completely got rid of the 1.4.4 Install.php. Hopefully I'm not going to end up needing it!
Delete old files. Upload new 1.5.0 version files. Try to uninstall the old add on from ACP. Install new version.

Salud2

Have you done that? Has it worked?
Or is doing this potentially going to cause some large issues for me.
If you read the notes a few pages back for the 1.50 release it says this and other instructions, you should read this carefully and your install should be fine

If you read the notes a few pages back for the 1.50 release it says this and other instructions, you should read this carefully and your install should be fine
I sure did read it, and I understand fully the I need to remove 1.4.4 before I can install 1.5.0. The problem is, I can not remove 1.4.4. I don't really want to try replacing all 1.4.4 files with 1.5.0 before I even have 1.4.4 uninstalled in the ACP, unless I have confirmation that someone else did that, and it worked.

[edit]

Delete old files. Upload new 1.5.0 version files. Try to uninstall the old add on from ACP. Install new version.

Salud2
Tried, didn't work. But thankfully I kept the old files. :D

Okay, first things first... This is the single biggest update to a mod I have ever done. Because of this, I have completely deprecated previous versions of this mod. If you currently have a previous version of XenPorta, you MUST uninstall it before installing this one. As well, don't forget to remove the appropriate files from the /js and /library folders before uploading the new files. IN ADDITION, check your database and make sure all EWRporta tables have been dropped.
Yeah install and settings are ok now, next problem is blank portal page i set permissions and everything like block place and similar stuff but portal is still empty :(

Fixed: problem was in old EWRporta style templates so i used PhpMyAdmin to remove it...
Naw, it was my fault... an old uninstall bug from v1.4.4. When you uninstalled that version, it didn't "fully" uninstall.

Salud2
Uninstall ALL blocks and try to unistall it.
If not work, delete old files. Upload new 1.5.0 version files. Try to uninstall the old add on from ACP. Install new version.

Salud2

I sure did read it, and I understand fully the I need to remove 1.4.4 before I can install 1.5.0. The problem is, I can not remove 1.4.4. I don't really want to try replacing all 1.4.4 files with 1.5.0 before I even have 1.4.4 uninstalled in the ACP, unless I have confirmation that someone else did that, and it worked.

[edit]

Tried, didn't work. But thankfully I kept the old files. :D
If you cant uninstall the old version then you may have deleted something you shouldnt. You mention an install.php which has nothing to do with how to install XenPorta. Its a matter of uploading the files to the library and js directory and importing the XML. What have you tried already? If we figure out where you went wrong we might be able to find a solution...

someone who is having problems uninstalling... please attach me your 1.4.4 Install.php file and the error you are getting.

I have an app that is hard-coded to post back to "index.php?something=value" -- There is no way to get around the hard-coding and no way of changing it. That is not the problem. :) The request is being handled via ControllerPublic_Index.

The problem I am running into is if somebody running XenPorta has the "Set as Index Controller" turned on then the it conflicts. For the moment I can get around it by modifying /library/EWRporta/Listener/Init.php and changing...
Code:
EWRporta_Helper_Index::setDefaultRoute($config, $data);
... and wrapping a conditional around it...
Code:
if (empty($_REQUEST['something'])) {
    EWRporta_Helper_Index::setDefaultRoute($config, $data);
}
... but is there a more graceful way of handling it?:oops:

what does promotion do then? I wanted to promote the stories to the portal home page. I thought they'd be in crono order in the slider and stories below?

Tim

Can I get some help with this? Any way to use the promotion feature to promote things to the slider on the portal?

Thanks,
Tim

Home XenPorta -> Options
Set as Index Controller
That then changes all forum URL's by prefixing /forum/ to the entire forum structure, which I don't use, as my forum is already in a folder.

Leaving it unchecked has put the portal at /portal/ and the forum structure at XF default.

URL's should not be tampered with in modifications, they are the one thing that should always remain consistent from the moment you set them in the first version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom