• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaxel is there a way to disable the user image in the recent news ?

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.0.7 CHANGELOG
  • Altered the preview thumbnail system for recent news. Now it will first search for attachment thumbnails, then it will search for embedded [medio] tags (XenMedio). If all else fails, it will default to the user icon.

One way would be to include an attachment thumbnail. That's probably the best way, at least for now.
What's the rationale for not wanting a little bit of visual ?

One way would be to include an attachment thumbnail. That's probably the best way, at least for now.
What's the rationale for not wanting a little bit of visual ?

Some of my user post have very big images. jaxel made it so it fits %100 but with the avatar there it breaks the layout. Thats why, besides that I'm all with visual :)

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.0.7 CHANGELOG
  • Added a [prebreak][/prebreak] BBcode... You can now define the preview break location for the recent news.
  • Altered the preview thumbnail system for recent news. Now it will first search for attachment thumbnails, then it will search for embedded [medio] tags (XenMedio). If all else fails, it will default to the user icon.
  • Make sure you upload the new RecentNews.xml module to see the changes.
  • Added CACHE support for modules.

Thanks for updating. Hope you got my donation.

Any chance of a module displaying the proxy stories of wordpress plugin or the stories straight from wordpress?

Jaxel

I'm trying to get the style properties to work with modules with XenPorta. I was told it won't work because of this:

Checking the (output) source for your portal, the "@primaryMedium" part is being shown as-it-is. That could be because the template (module?) is not being compiled. The style properties are changed to native php code when a template is compiled. So if that step is skipped, you won't be able to take advantage of the color palette or style properties.

Using "color: @primaryMedium;" doesn't work.

I just asked the same thing and then deleted the post when I saw yours directly above.

I was thinking of trying it out but that's the one thing that stopped me. I don't want to move things around too much once it is set since URL will change.

Guys just login to your admincp and change the "Home Page URL" option in the Basic Board information in the Options , so it points to your portal, that should work :)

Guys just login to your admincp and change the "Home Page URL" option in the Basic Board information in the Options , so it points to your portal, that should work :)

I don't think you understand our question. It has nothing to do with the home tab on the forum, but the URL for the portal.
UPDATE: Double quote a bug? No idea how that happened.

This mod crashes my site, first time I tried it was with 06 and it crashed the site, removed it and may site was working again. Thought I would try it again with 07, and before I added the modules, it showed a blank page and was working, I uploaded all the modules, and then added these three to the portal page; facebook, news and wiki and then the site crashed again? I have since uninstalled it again and my site is now back to normal. Hope this helps.

This mod crashes my site, first time I tried it was with 06 and it crashed the site, removed it and may site was working again. Thought I would try it again with 07, and before I added the modules, it showed a blank page and was working, I uploaded all the modules, and then added these three to the portal page; facebook, news and wiki and then the site crashed again? I have since uninstalled it again and my site is now back to normal. Hope this helps.

Do you actaully have the wiki addon installed? I believe when I added the wiki module and didnt have the wiki installed i got an error. Try removing the wiki module and see if that works?

Do you actaully have the wiki addon installed? I believe when I added the wiki module and didnt have the wiki installed i got an error. Try removing the wiki module and see if that works?

Thanks for your reply ddmm,. the first time I installed it, I didnt install the wiki module, and it did the same thing as the second time. The second time I installed it, after I added the those three modules and the site crashed I removed all three and it was the same, so I uninstalled it. :confused:

Thanks for your reply ddmm,. the first time I installed it, I didnt install the wiki module, and it did the same thing as the second time. The second time I installed it, after I added the those three modules and the site crashed I removed all three and it was the same, so I uninstalled it. :confused:

Thats unfortunate, this portal is really good. Its weird that it takes out your whole site. Do you have any error messages or screenshots that you can add here?

Add modules ONE BY ONE... and tell me after which module it crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom