• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Fixed board URL settings so Silverlight player should work with both friendly URLs and without.

Was this the fix for not being able to play local WMV files? If so I am sad to report I am definitely on 1.3.2 and cannot play local WMV files. I did Rebuild Services after the update. I did not replace my Premium.php or any other files. I tested on both Chrome and FF from 2 different pc's.

The strangest thing... Pagination doesn't work in my XenMedio. When I navigate to page 2, 3.. it says 'page not found' although there is...

domain.com/media/category/fragman.2/page-2

8674795696.jpg

9739841892.png

I have no familiarity with nginx. I would share my two observations are:

- if you are correctly being directed to a valid URL then there is something wrong outside of the realm of XenMedio

- if you installed software today, and then XenMedio stopped working shortly after, it is probably related to the software you installed.

I wish I could be more helpful but I don't even know what nginx is...

I have no familiarity with nginx. I would share my two observations are:

- if you are correctly being directed to a valid URL then there is something wrong outside of the realm of XenMedio

- if you installed software today, and then XenMedio stopped working shortly after, it is probably related to the software you installed.

I wish I could be more helpful but I don't even know what nginx is...

Nginx is a webserver oracle, apache compiled. Static content works through nginx the rest handels apache.

I'm actually not sure. I purchased the professional edition some time ago and before that I haven't had many videos. Now there are hundrets and I don't remember ever using the pagination.

Maybe when jaxel has time he will have a better explanation. Thank you though :)

Was this the fix for not being able to play local WMV files? If so I am sad to report I am definitely on 1.3.2 and cannot play local WMV files. I did Rebuild Services after the update. I did not replace my Premium.php or any other files. I tested on both Chrome and FF from 2 different pc's.
I have this same issue. Anyone resolve it?

My local videos are still not working Jaxel? Its showing 0:00 and 0:00 time??
http://www.flytyingbug.com/media/spinning-ostrich-herl.11/
That is by design. You need to manually enter that information for local media

EDIT: Ok, so you mean during playback...your local file wont play. Is it a WMV file? If so, I first reported the issue on March 5th, Jaxel made a fix about a week later but hasn't put out the update yet.

The fix I did on your test site Oracle is already in the current release. I don't know why it works on your test site, and my site, but nowhere else. I can say that the fix is based on the BOARDURL information for your forum... so if you don't have your board url set up correctly, it wont work.

That is by design. You need to manually enter that information for local media

EDIT: Ok, so you mean during playback...your local file wont play. Is it a WMV file? If so, I first reported the issue on March 5th, Jaxel made a fix about a week later but hasn't put out the update yet.

If you go into that video and edit, the proper time is there but not when you press play. This all worked before, some reason it is not now?

Hi Jaxel,

I thought id try out the podcasts. The screenshots below are using 'Podcaster' on my iphone4.

The decided to use an mp3 for testing.

I added both the podcast and RSS directory, and they both point to an image but not the the podcast
http://mmazone.com.au/community/media/category/workouts.14/podcast
http://mmazone.com.au/community/media/category/workouts.14/rss

First screenshot shows the info, this happens when i add either the rss or podcast URL, it doesnt matter which I add, they both import fine but they dont play.

photo 1.webp

This is a screenshot of a popular podcast, as you can see it points to an mp3. I dont think my podcast should be pointing to a jpg image?

photo 2.webp

Youre insight is welcomed ;)

Cheers

EDIT: thought maybe it wasnt working because i added it to a category that already had a youtube video. So I tried in a category that was empty, I added the MP3 and now i actually get an error 'Download failed. bad URL and then it points to a jpeg. Ive moved the mp3 back to the original directory above incase you wanted to test.

Hi Jaxel,

I thought id try out the podcasts. The screenshots below are using 'Podcaster' on my iphone4.

The decided to use an mp3 for testing.

I added both the podcast and RSS directory, and they both point to an image but not the the podcast
http://mmazone.com.au/community/media/category/workouts.14/podcast
http://mmazone.com.au/community/media/category/workouts.14/rss

First screenshot shows the info, this happens when i add either the rss or podcast URL, it doesnt matter which I add, they both import fine but they dont play.

View attachment 13009

This is a screenshot of a popular podcast, as you can see it points to an mp3. I dont think my podcast should be pointing to a jpg image?

View attachment 13010

Youre insight is welcomed ;)

Cheers

EDIT: thought maybe it wasnt working because i added it to a category that already had a youtube video. So I tried in a category that was empty, I added the MP3 and now i actually get an error 'Download failed. bad URL and then it points to a jpeg. Ive moved the mp3 back to the original directory above incase you wanted to test.
Hmm... go into EWRmedio_Model_Sitemaps and replace on line 110:
Code:
if (!$local && $media['service_feed'] == 'null')
With:
Code:
if ($local && $media['service_feed'] == 'null')
Then try again.

Hmm... go into EWRmedio_Model_Sitemaps and replace on line 110:
Code:
if (!$local && $media['service_feed'] == 'null')
With:
Code:
if ($local && $media['service_feed'] == 'null')
Then try again.
Hi Jaxel,

I made the edit on the php file and added the podcast again, still showing the image instead of the mp3. So I deleted the mp3 and added it again, tried again but still same issue. /podcast adds the 1 mp3, /rss adds both mp3 and the one video in that category, both ways still shows image. I deleted the mp3 and added it to its own category 'podcast' tried again but still shows an image.

Thanks for your help so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom