• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have created category and subcategory. I want to move most of the videos in category to its subcategory, is that possible that way?

• You may delete the EWRmedio_Search table from your database.
  • You must rebuild your search index before media files will appear in it.
1- i got this part .
2- how do i do it ?

@Jaxel, i did a fresh install and noticed that my tables have all been converted to InnoDB.. is it ok?

wYVIk.jpg

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.3.1 IMPORTANT SECURITY UPDATE
  • Fixed a security issue relating to permissions.
  • The built in search system has been eliminated; XenMedio now integrates directly into XenForo's search.
    • You may delete the EWRmedio_Search table from your database.
    • You must rebuild your search index before media files will appear in it.
  • Podcast support has been added for local media at "media/category/catName.id/podcast".

how to rebuild search index??

UPDATE - I am pulling up Media files using the xenforo search, so do I still need to rebuild search index???

Go to your ACP.

Tools>Rebuild Caches>Rebuild Search Index. Should be the first one on the list. :)

Technically, anyone can use the podcast feed... its the same exact thing as the rss feed, but it will only query for "local" media. So if you don't have the premium model, your podcasts will be empty since you wont have any hosted media.

Example: RSS: http://www.8wayrun.com/media/category/intros-cutscenes.10/rss
Example: Podcast http://www.8wayrun.com/media/category/intros-cutscenes.10/podcast (notice how it's empty?)

How to use the podcast feed? Just add a local media to a category; it will automatically get added to the podcast feed. The best way to do this would be to create a category just for your local podcast media, then add them using the local code "video:filename.mp4" or "audio:filename.mp3" are good examples.

Jason,

for podcasting, where must these files physically reside in order to use your examples as given?

UPDATE - I uploaded MP4 file to local folder.. XenMedio is handling it quite nicely, although podcasting is not working.

Jason,

for podcasting, where must these files physically reside in order to use your examples as given?

UPDATE - I uploaded MP4 file to local folder.. XenMedio is handling it quite nicely, although podcasting is not working.
Please give me your URL so I can take a look at it.

Please give me your URL so I can take a look at it.

http://www.masterchief.com

I can podcast the General Media Category, but not the single MP4 video within.. RSS works

I have to tell all you guys something.... I am finally starting to generate revenue from my adsense ads. This is because of XenForo and all the fine addons and coders in the XenForo commnuity. YeeeeHA!

Jaxel,

I am hoping for a few things out of XenMedio.

1. Local WMV files still wont play. You fixed the issue on my test server. I was hoping the fix would be included in 1.3.1 but I have it installed, confirmed I am on 1.3.1 and those files still wont play.

2. I have a need to be able to post media files in multiple forums in a similar manner that XenAtendo can post events to multiple forums. When a video is uploaded, it can directly relate to discussions in various forums and I'd like to share appropriately, rather then just having one forums to dump videos.

3. For Media searches, it's outstanding that XF now can directly search for media. It seems redundant to have the existing media searches in place. Will you be removing them? I'm just asking so I know whether to do it manually, or if it will be in a future update.

4. Can you offer any recommendations regarding backing up of local media? I plan to attain quite a large library containing thousands of videos. I probably want to create a backup site just for media, and run a synch job daily. Just curious if you have any ideas or experience in this area.

These are the only outstanding issues between my full use of XenMedio on my site.

example.webp

as shown in arrow searching through this doesn't works at all :( i did exactly what was suggested while upgrading.

http://www.masterchief.com

I can podcast the General Media Category, but not the single MP4 video within.. RSS works

I have to tell all you guys something.... I am finally starting to generate revenue from my adsense ads. This is because of XenForo and all the fine addons and coders in the XenForo commnuity. YeeeeHA!
Podcasting is for categories ONLY. Why would you ever want to podcast a single video? Just use RSS for that.

Jaxel,

I am hoping for a few things out of XenMedio.

1. Local WMV files still wont play. You fixed the issue on my test server. I was hoping the fix would be included in 1.3.1 but I have it installed, confirmed I am on 1.3.1 and those files still wont play.

2. I have a need to be able to post media files in multiple forums in a similar manner that XenAtendo can post events to multiple forums. When a video is uploaded, it can directly relate to discussions in various forums and I'd like to share appropriately, rather then just having one forums to dump videos.

3. For Media searches, it's outstanding that XF now can directly search for media. It seems redundant to have the existing media searches in place. Will you be removing them? I'm just asking so I know whether to do it manually, or if it will be in a future update.

4. Can you offer any recommendations regarding backing up of local media? I plan to attain quite a large library containing thousands of videos. I probably want to create a backup site just for media, and run a synch job daily. Just curious if you have any ideas or experience in this area.

These are the only outstanding issues between my full use of XenMedio on my site.
1. I haven't added the fixes I made to your test server to the release yet
2. I'll think about it.
3. Do it manually...
4. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom