• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bug if I navigate to playlist if there is no playlist defined earlier:
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ***/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(262): eval()'d code, line 18
The Template doesn't load.

Hi Jaxel,

Just curious as to wether the stats shown for XenMedio include youtube views or just views on the actual site or both? Cheers

stats.webp

They're just on your site--i.e. mine shows under 700 views for videos that have had millions of combined views.
Thanks.

Thats not too bad then for a small site, I wish they would sign up though lol

EDIT: Wonder if this also counts googlebot as views??

Thanks.

Thats not too bad then for a small site, I wish they would sign up though lol

EDIT: Wonder if this also counts googlebot as views??
I'm fairly sure they count all bot activity as well; I've tweeted a few of my videos and they quickly get hit by bots, which has shown in the larger number of views on those videos. All of the videos with a larger number of views on my media page were posted on Twitter.

I'm not sure your error is related to XenMedio... however, just to be sure, you should head into PhpMyAdmin and check the following three tables: EWRmedio_media, xf_post and xf_thread. Sort the tables by "user_id" and see if you can find any rows without a user_id value (null, blank). Fix as needed.

Jaxel - I got a answer from Mike in bug forum - Could you please take a look on this thread here

That's using the iframe embed code, rather than the object code.

http://xenforo.com/help/bb-code-media-sites/
Thats great Brogan, thanks. I think this is something people may want to use to keep visitors on their site.

This can be changed but be aware that any existing content using that tag will no longer work unless all of the corresponding BB Code tags in messages are updated.

Looks like if I change it all my existing videos will be broken :(

Jaxel,

I noticed you dont use iframe version on your site either. Just wondering if its just how you coded it or if it was a decision to do this for a reason? Thanks guys

You can change the embed code without any problem.

It's only if you change the name of the tag that it will break any existing posts; e.g. changing youtube to yt.

I'll update the document to make it clearer.

Yes, as Brogan said... however, there is a major limitation to the iframe version... You can't force HD.

If you insist on using the iFrame version, just edit the youtube hoster spec. Change the "embed movie" to "null" and add the following to the big empty text area:
Code:
<iframe title="YouTube" width="{w}" height="{h}" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/{serviceVAL}?autoplay={ap10}&hd=1&rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1.webp

Ahhh I see so no HD is the downside, big one too. Id rather keep HD. Thanks for the info guys much appreciated

You need to include the wmode=opaque param to the src otherwise you'll get the Chrome overlay error.
The code I posted is directly from YouTube... which is run by Google... who makes Chrome.

Works fine for me in Chrome.

Try using that code in a post and then clicking on an avatar to bring up a member card.

Without the wmode param the member card will be behind the video.

Very nice addon! Would be possible to change the directory name from /media to /another ?

When editing keywords I can't type characters with ñ

Is there any way to mass move videos from category one to category two?

Very nice addon! Would be possible to change the directory name from /media to /another ?

When editing keywords I can't type characters with ñ

Is there any way to mass move videos from category one to category two?
1. no
2. by design
3. delete the category, there is a mass move option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom