• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not in the plans... Stream URLs are heavily integrated into how this mod works.

Ermm if you can consider to add way to upload images with events (which can resize images and show only thumbnails ) cause most of events we have are going to have Images too :( .

Ermm if you can consider to add way to upload images with events (which can resize images and show only thumbnails ) cause most of events we have are going to have Images too :( .

Are you basically asking for the 'upload a file' button to display when you are adding event, like it does when posting a forum topic, so you can do something like THIS?

Are you basically asking for the 'upload a file' button to display when you are adding event, like it does when posting a forum topic, so you can do something like THIS?

That actually looks good too :) I did that but i wanted to have image below the area where it says Stream URL . btw how can i resize the map just the way you have .

That actually looks good too :) I did that but i wanted to have image below the area where it says Stream URL . btw how can i resize the map just the way you have .

I haven't re-sized the map.
confused.png

WOO HOO! :D

Now you have seriously got my attention, it looks like just three major, but hopefully small from a coding point of view, steps from what I need, those being:

1 - A 'Week to View' option, as my calendars get busy once the weather starts getting better and would never work in a 'Month to View' screen, see screengrab below.

2 – The option to add ranged & recurring events, that would appear in the calendar for every day they are happening, e.g. a ranged event happening daily from Mon-Fri or recurring event that happens every Sunday over a period of months.

3 - The option to run multiple calendars, ideally each connected to a different forum.

Now if that could be done and it all works right, I’ll be happy to make a $100 donation and I wouldn’t even want a branding free option. :)

calendar_SnapShot.webp

AWESOME!
OK, I give! Jaxel, I'll be sending my donation today!
Such excellent work....
It'll be from thebooths.org

Looks great !

http://www.8wayrun.com/events/monthly
The monthly view is dominated by birthdays.
Maybe they shouldn't appear on the monthly ? Maybe filter them out, but have a button to click for someone that might want them seen (I dont know who really looks at the birthdays).
There is an option in the adminCP to enable and disable birthdays.

Anyone else got any recommendations or requests? I'm working on a weekly view right now.

You should change the formatDate Methode and all the places(title,..), where you have hardcoded time formats!
Not everybody is using the american date format;)

for example:
PHP:
$input['thread_title'] = "[".$strtime->format('M j, Y')."]

WOO HOO [again] :D

Looking good so far, few little questions/suggestions:

A – Will the weekly view expand as more events are added, making the page longer like in vB, or is there a limit on the number of events that will display per day?

B – Header where the month & year is displayed, on the monthly view you have drop-downs for changing months & year, whereas on weekly view it’s just the year. I know this is work in progress here and not sure how a drop-down for changing the week would work. Perhaps, stick in the monthly drop-down as well to make it uniform, but also include left & right arrows, with text something like: < Move week >

C – It took me a while to notice the ‘monthly view’ and ‘weekly view’ links in the main navbar, perhaps these could be put in the calendar header next to the month & year display and just have a ‘calendar view’ link in the navbar instead?

D – Would is be possible to display time of event on the weekly view along with name & location of event? I know from feedback that if people are looking for something to do in the afternoon it’s a right pain clicking on events only to find they are in the morning and having to keep going back to the weekly view. Funny enough this became a common problem because some people were lazy when adding events and just selected 'single all day event' instead on selecting times.

E – I take it when you are logged-in the ‘Post new event’ button appears like it does when displayed in ‘upcoming event’ mode? Also when people are not logged in would it be possible to add a few words above or included in the ‘Sign up now!’ button that says, ‘Log in or sign up to add an event’.

F – Can you add options in adminCP, so we can select weekly/monthly or upcoming events as default display?

G – Also an option to switch off upcoming events in the forum itself? This may sound odd, as it looks great, but on my busiest calendar during peak season I can have over 100 events in a week, so it could get a bit messy in there!

I hope you don’t mind me making so many little suggestions here, but they are all designed to make the user experience as easy as possible based on feedback I’ve canvassed from users on my site.

Overall this is coming together very nicely and I can see it being a very popular add-on. :)

Last thing, have you had any chance to think about items 2 & 3 in my pervious post #129.

You should change the formatDate Methode and all the places(title,..), where you have hardcoded time formats!
for example:
PHP:

Good point.

for example:
PHP:
Okay... I have just added an option where you can format the date in thread titles to anyway you want. However, I will not be adding an option to format the date in other areas. The format of the date is directly tied into date processing and I just don't feel like writing in new procedures.

WOO HOO [again] :D

Looking good so far, few little questions/suggestions:

A – Will the weekly view expand as more events are added, making the page longer like in vB, or is there a limit on the number of events that will display per day?

B – Header where the month & year is displayed, on the monthly view you have drop-downs for changing months & year, whereas on weekly view it’s just the year. I know this is work in progress here and not sure how a drop-down for changing the week would work. Perhaps, stick in the monthly drop-down as well to make it uniform, but also include left & right arrows, with text something like: < Move week >

C – It took me a while to notice the ‘monthly view’ and ‘weekly view’ links in the main navbar, perhaps these could be put in the calendar header next to the month & year display and just have a ‘calendar view’ link in the navbar instead?

D – Would is be possible to display time of event on the weekly view along with name & location of event? I know from feedback that if people are looking for something to do in the afternoon it’s a right pain clicking on events only to find they are in the morning and having to keep going back to the weekly view. Funny enough this became a common problem because some people were lazy when adding events and just selected 'single all day event' instead on selecting times.

E – I take it when you are logged-in the ‘Post new event’ button appears like it does when displayed in ‘upcoming event’ mode? Also when people are not logged in would it be possible to add a few words above or included in the ‘Sign up now!’ button that says, ‘Log in or sign up to add an event’.

F – Can you add options in adminCP, so we can select weekly/monthly or upcoming events as default display?

G – Also an option to switch off upcoming events in the forum itself? This may sound odd, as it looks great, but on my busiest calendar during peak season I can have over 100 events in a week, so it could get a bit messy in there!

I hope you don’t mind me making so many little suggestions here, but they are all designed to make the user experience as easy as possible based on feedback I’ve canvassed from users on my site.

Overall this is coming together very nicely and I can see it being a very popular add-on. :)

Last thing, have you had any chance to think about items 2 & 3 in my pervious post #129.
A - yes
B - working on it
C - probably not going to happen... if I can't make it look nice, I wont do it at all
D - done
E - yes, post new event button appears. I will not be adding anything else.
F - already done before you even asked. On 8WR, the monthly is now the default view
G - I can add an option so you can define the length of "upcoming" to less, maybe 1 day?

A - yes
B - working on it
C - probably not going to happen... if I can't make it look nice, I wont do it at all
D - done
E - yes, post new event button appears. I will not be adding anything else.
F - already done before you even asked. On 8WR, the monthly is now the default view
G - I can add an option so you can define the length of "upcoming" to less, maybe 1 day?

A, B, D, F - Looks like great minds think alike.
biggrin.png

C - Fair enough and TBH not a problem in view of the option to set the default view anyway.
E - Ok, I can workaround that.
G - That would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom