24-hour sale information [Time Zones]

MilesDB

Started this thread just to summarize the available information so that people won't miss the announced XenForo sale.

We have:
XenForo said:
Barring unforseen circumstances, XenForo will go on sale next Tuesday, October 5th 2010, at some point during UK business hours.

UK business hours: 8am - 4pm Local Time
UK Time is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Summer (Daylight-Saving)Time is observed in UK Time, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

UK business hours in reference to other time zones:

USA:

Eastern Standard Time (EST): 3am - 11am
Central Standard Time (CST): 2am - 10am
Mountain Standard Time (MST): 1am - 9am
Pacific Standard Time (PST): 12.00am[midnight] - 8am

Australia:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra Time (EST): 5pm [Oct 5] - 1am[Oct 6]
Adelaide/Darwin Time (CTS): 4.30pm[Oct5] - 12.30am[Oct6]
Perth Time (WST): 3pm-11pm

New Zealand:

Auckland/Wellington Time (NZDT): 8pm[Oct 5] - 4am[Oct 6]

Russia:

Moscow Time (MSD): 11am - 7pm
Novosibirsk Time (NOVST): 2pm - 10pm
Vladivostok Time (VLAST): 6pm - 2am[Oct 6]

Turkey:

Istanbul/Ankara/Izmir Time (EEST): 10am - 6pm

Japan:

Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto Time (JST): 4pm -12.00am[midnight, Oct 6]

China:

Beijing/Shanghai/Harbin/Urümqi Time (CST): 3pm - 11pm

India:

New Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderãbãd/Chennai(IST): 12.30pm - 8.30pm

XenForo sale will start at some point during the above time frame and last for 24 hours!

This reminds me of an iphone/ipad lineup and the crowds that slept over night in line (us) are starting to argue with the security guards at the door asking them when the 'f' they're opening and the fat guy with a beard and 'STAFF' on his back keeps saying 'I don't know'... but people dont listen.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understand the frustration. Please bear with us as we are doing our very best to get in place what we said we would. Everyone has been understanding, let it continue for a little longer.

Everyone should remember that in fact, xenforo may not be able to speak freely about their situation at all. They have to be careful of the legal situation. I'm impressed they're intending to go on sale in any case. Imagine, they had a lawsuit dropped on their desk and needed to get legal advice before knowing what they can or cannot do.
Whether the case has merit or not doesn't matter, it would have to be treated with caution.

Hey, these guys have been putting all sorts of work into this day. As much as I hate the wait, let'em build up the excitement and have fun with this day/night.

Now give me my beta!:D

Its not a problem per
se​
. At least not right now, but I WAS worried that I would miss it... BECAUSE of the time difference between PST and European time.
Exactly what part of 24 hours do you not understand? It doesn't matter about the time difference. If it goes on sale at 3:46am today that means you have until 3:46am tomorrow to buy it at the cheaper rate. There is absolutely no need for anyone to have to change their daily activities to fit around this.

If you say you are going to do something, then do it.
If that fails then its your responsibility to keep people informed of when you plan to do it.
Being vague is not customer service.
A lot of people left vB because of such things.
While im not comparing XF to IB, why even let things start off on the wrong foot like this?

People understand that "**** happens", but you cant just say "**** happens, brb"... you need to give your customers a little more than that.

This isnt negativity towards XenForo, Mike/Kier/Ashley et all, so the increasing tone of belittling fellow customers is not called for.
Most of these complaints are fair. And simply voicing them does not mean that people are in any way against XenForo or the developers.

A customer has many reasons as to why he is waiting here for the release.
For me personally... i woke up a few hours early in order to buy my license, FTP the files up to my site, set up a test site, and have my tech admin and a few super mods start to get familiar with the admin panel and style creating functions. Then i planned to grab some breakfast and drive 200 miles on an errand i have to make.
Its nearly 1:30 in the afternoon and i have yet to go eat or leave town, but if its not here in the next 15 minutes i will have to wait till i get back tomorrow as its getting late.
No big deal of course, if i lose 40 bucks its not the end of the world, but i had planned this, and it would be nice to be told an approximate time frame, i might have just left a long time ago and grabbed some breakfast... well now more like lunch going on dinner :D

Really wish I could see that vote to lock thread feature and maybe a vote to delete post too.

Exactly what part of 24 hours do you not understand? It doesn't matter about the time difference. If it goes on sale at 3:46am today that means you have until 3:46am tomorrow to buy it at the cheaper rate. There is absolutely no need for anyone to have to change their daily activities to fit around this.

Really wish I could see that vote to lock thread feature and maybe a vote to delete post too.
Not implying use on anyone, but I still want a brick to face mod... Ya know, just for those rare occasions you wanna take matters into your own hands!

24 hours is two days. I get that part. But like I said before, I have matters to attend to tomorrow - with me so far?

I do NOT know when it will end HERE (my time), so I was playing SAFE. With me now?

Any other questions?

24 hours is two days. I get that part. But like I said before, I have matters to attend to tomorrow - with me so far?

I do NOT know when it will end HERE (my time), so I was playing SAFE. With me now?

Any other questions?
Yes just the one.

You really don't understand it do you? 24 hours is not 2 days it's 1 day.

Top Bottom