• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd post it here as well because this is the primary thread. I love this mod but I just suck at using it. I'm looking for anyone who can set up a Call of Duty series wiki for me at a decent price and turn around. If you're interested please pm your details.

I must be either doing something wrong or I am more thick than I believed lol. I've got the Wiki installed and it appears to be working OK - I can create pages and sub-pages to those pages, but I can't, for the life of me, get a table of contents based on those pages. What I'd like to achieve is something along these lines:

On the index page:

Section 1
Page 1 (Title)
Page 2 (Title)
Page 3 etc

Section 2
Page 1 (Title)
Page 2 etc

And so on - I'd like the section names in bold and the sub pages automatically numbered as they're created. Is this achievable and if it is can someone please point me in the right direction lol. I want my members to create pages under the sections given so they can build up a knowledge base.

The index page that comes pre-installed (that can't be changed other than the content) sits at the bottom of the list - what I'd like is for this page to be the TOC.

Speaking of [TOC] how do you implement that tag lol. I really ought to get out more lol.

With thanks.
;)

Does anyone have a footnote solution?

I'm considering making something in templates, I've started a discussion thread here.

Edit: got this working, mostly.
Released here.
Limitation is you need to put tags around URLs as otherwise XenForo adds [URL] tags to them which messes everything up.

I'm assuming the autolinking is still limited to within the wiki only? Or is there a way to have all posts in a forum auto-link to a wiki term (like vaultwiki, or the now defunct nuwiki)

I'm assuming the autolinking is still limited to within the wiki only? Or is there a way to have all posts in a forum auto-link to a wiki term (like vaultwiki, or the now defunct nuwiki)
That's correct, it would be great if there was an option for auto-linking to work throughout the forums.

Some automated way to migrate your 3000 odd articles would be nice too!
No Lie. I would not be looking forward to that. I would easily pay good money for an importer from VaultWiki to XenCarta IF the auto-linking in the forums becomes a feature.

I asked Pegasus about VaultWiki -> MediaWiki prior to my finding XenCarta, he suggested I get a developer to reverse engineer the MediaWiki -> VaultWiki script.

That said, there are only 4 tables in XenCarta, EWRcarta_ cache (which rebuilds itself), EWRcarta_history, EWRcarta_templates and EWRcarta_pages.

I reckon you could write an insert to migrate your VaultWiki "threads" into the EWRcarta_pages table and see what happens.....

The few pages of yours I looked at seemed to be using pretty generic BBCode, my issue was with all the complex tables in VaultWiki.

Is there a way I can change the width of the sidebar in the wiki and not the main forum page?
You can do it in CSS, if you add new widths to the classes in EWRcarta.css this will only parse when you're in the wiki.

Adding this code to your EWRcarta.css will reduce your wiki sidebar to 200px

.sidebar {width: 200px;}
.mainContainer .mainContent {margin-right: 210px;}
.formPopup .textCtrl, .formPopup .button {width: 182px;}
.formPopup .controlsWrapper .textCtrl {width: 172px;}
.formPopup {width: 200px;}

Actually I quite like it at 200, think I'll leave that there! Example here: http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/wiki/index/

You can do it in CSS, if you add new widths to the classes in EWRcarta.css this will only parse when you're in the wiki.

Adding this code to your EWRcarta.css will reduce your wiki sidebar to 200px

Actually I quite like it at 200, think I'll leave that there! Example here: http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/wiki/index/

Hi there,

It did not work properly. The sidebar changed width, but it moved below the footer to the right. Is there something else I can try? I need it at 450px

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom