YUI, AJACK, or JQUERY ?

I'm probably not the best person to answer it but I believe they use ajax/jquery. You do have the option of easily disabling a lot of the effects, on the board here you can choose the style called "Enhancement Disabled"(bottom left), it works just as great :)

If your referring to jquery , the library is actually at 1.5. I'm in the middle of ftping right now but when it completes I will check my xf domain and see what v. it is for you. I'm a complete noob so if it takes some time for me to find it, it is completely my fault. At any rate I would like to take the chance to say welcome to the community:-).

JQuery is wonderful in my opinion, but I've been told AJax can slow down page loads.
Yes AJAX CAN slow down your page, if you send/recive nonstop requests (for example chat,shoutbox,notifications which are reloading them nonstop,..)

AFAIK there's no unneccessery reloading in XenForo.

Kier or Mike stated that upgrading to 1.5 wouldn't be necessary at this time as 1.4.4 is stable with the current build and would in fact mess things up with 1.5, so they're waiting for 1.5 to fix certain things. *If I'm not mistaken.

Kier or Mike stated that upgrading to 1.5 wouldn't be necessary at this time as 1.4.4 is stable with the current build and would in fact mess things up with 1.5, so they're waiting for 1.5 to fix certain things. *If I'm not mistaken.
And if that be the case it is perfectly fine with me. They know better than I :) "As long as it does what it is supposed to" is my mantra.

If you have Chrome and open up the inspector console, you can see XenForo's AJAX polling. It will periodically poll the server for new content. If no new content is found, it will do nothing.

Top Bottom