XF 2.1 YouTube videos STILL will sometimes (most times) not play in Safari

Radio Gunk

Just upgraded to latest Xenforo 2.1, works amazing, but still having issues with playing videos linked from YouTube, no issue whatsoever in chrome, only in Safari, both mobile, and laptop.
this thread here is a fine example:

some play, some do not...
even within one post.
lplays.png

anyone else having this issue?
I originally posted in another thread, but feel it needs its own, sorry if it's already been addressed and fixed elsewhere.

It's a YouTube issue. If you go directly to the domain that's being used to embed the video, the same thing happens. (This is with the video in the first post of the linked thread).

It should be noted that in addition, the same thing happens when going directly to the same URL in FireFox. The debug data does provide an error code... auth.

It should also be noted that the videos this happens with appear to be from official artist channels... these probably have tighter restrictions regarding DRM for playback. I have a feeling the embed add-on you're using is doing something screwy that YouTube doesn't like.

(Having said that, you do appear to be loading the CloudFlare rocket loader javascript... I'd disable that and see if the issue persists before doing anything else.)

When I spoken to joshyphp about my similar issue this was his reply.

Yeah, I checked out your page and I see the same thing. The 2Pac video won't play with referrers disabled but it plays with referrers enabled.

Referrers can be toggled at the browser level or they can be configured at the page level via Referrer-Policy. If they are blocked at the browser level, there's no way to re-enable them. That means those videos won't be embeddable

In the end I just removed the addon.

Top Bottom