• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

YouTube embeds--are your thumbnail pics missing also?

Rudy

On my Xenforo forums, and on another I browse, the embedded videos normally showed the black "play" button (not red, which indicates the video content is pre-caching, which we don't want), and also showed a thumbnail image from the video. Lately I have noticed that there are no more thumbnails--the YouTube window is simply black, with the black "play" button in the middle. My sites haven't changed in months, so it's nothing I did.

My own sites are whitelisted with my ad blockers, so it's not that.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen in recent weeks.

@wardsweb

Rudy

Not in our case--the videos are perfectly functional. It's the thumbnails that have disappeared...across multiple sites. For multiple users, any OS or browser.

Rudy

Whatever happened with the black previews, it has been corrected, and all of the Xenforo sites that had this issue are now showing thumbnails again.
Funny. On one forum I visit, there was one member insisting that the admin "should do something about this" and "fix whatever it was that you broke." And this, after I posted it was a YouTube problem and nothing to do with the forum software. Oh well!