Your talents/hobbies other than computers....

Dixie McCall

What are some of your hobbies? Woodworking? Artist? Crafts? Gardening? Do you sell your work? I ask because it's always neat to see other aspects of people and I'm looking to purchase "homemade only" this year for Christmas gifts...

There is more to life and people than computers and forums.. :)

Sharpening knives for the neighbours - family - friends.
Started as a very expensive hobby, good stones costed hundreds of dollars and needed replacements.
Not anymore.

Well, computers aren't just my hobby. They are also my day job. But running a forum is a hobby.:)

I am also a fiction writer, mostly on the site below. Won a first and a third in competitions there last year and currently have a story entered in their latest competition. Some may recall me talking about moving a writing site to Xenforo. This is the one.

And no, there are no erotic stories there. Not sure why it unfurls that way. There is another, related site that is for erotica so maybe a glitch when they copied the setup to create this one.

Well, computers aren't just my hobby. They are also my day job. But running a forum is a hobby.:)

I am also a fiction writer, mostly on the site below. Won a first and a third in competitions there last year and currently have a story entered in their latest competition. Some may recall me talking about moving a writing site to Xenforo. This is the one.

And no, there are no erotic stories there. Not sure why it unfurls that way. There is another, related site that is for erotica so maybe a glitch when they copied the setup to create this one.

This is great! Are your books for sale?

My first hobby was farming and old tractors. After that come computer and basic programming and also work with peoples in old car clubs.

Here certain pictures of my actual first hobbies, next to Xenforo :D ;)

Unbenannt_op.jpg ETH-Weiase-Ladewagen-Zetor5011.jpg 2012-03-25_15-25-25_202.jpg 20210404_170054 (Mittel).jpg 20190603_072727.jpg 20190506_201753.jpg 001.jpg
The BMW 728i was in family hand since my father by it 1995. It have now around 75.000 km - like new car. ;)

oh man ... I have to much vehicles. But - since Xenforo works better and better with less work from me I have more time for other hobbies. :D

Last edited:
Aside from owning and/or managing a number of forums I also buy, restore and sell vintage guitars. If I'm honest it's more of an obsession than a hobby and even more so since we've had to endure multiple lock-downs. I'm also a working musician or was until Covid decimated the industry.

Top Bottom