QuickTime Player
Pages
Keynote
Numbers
TextWrangler
UnRarX
Cannon Solution Menu

... and they're all in my Dock. :D

I really... really should've made a back-up before I jacked up my site with Transmit.

When you transfer a folder from your computer to your server like when your upgrading an addon for instance, when it says replace, it actually replaces.

Like deletes everything that isn't already in the folder.

Okay how about merge? When you merge a folder from your computer to a folder on the server, does it overwrite the files that are already on the server?

Learned my lesson earlier when I started using Transmit. I upload the /library folder from my computer and select the Replace option so naturally, it will remove the /library folder on the server and replace it with the one locally.
You should use merge instead.
I really... really should've made a back-up before I jacked up my site with Transmit.

When you transfer a folder from your computer to your server like when your upgrading an addon for instance, when it says replace, it actually replaces.

Like deletes everything that isn't already in the folder.

Okay how about merge? When you merge a folder from your computer to a folder on the server, does it overwrite the files that are already on the server?

Learned my lesson earlier when I started using Transmit. I upload the /library folder from my computer and select the Replace option so naturally, it will remove the /library folder on the server and replace it with the one locally.
You should use merge instead.
Yeah. What a hard lesson to learn. The only thing I replaced though was the js folder. I closed my site because I know there's a bunch of addons that have javascript files I need to re-upload. I don't have time to do all that at the moment.

Dont be crazy....nobody wants that crap on their sexy new Macbook Pro :p

Get yourself a copy of Sublime Edit 2 - I switched from Coda 2 to it a few weeks ago - its amazing. Quite possibly the best code editor out there IMO.

Other than that:

- Mailtab (appstore)
- Evernote (appstore)
- Google Drive
- If you invoice people, 'On The Job' is a great app

Browsing around the Mac App Store is also pretty useful.

Oh and as Digitalpoint said, Snapz Pro X is worth having.

MAMP Pro is also pretty handy as it lets you switch between 3 different PHP versions, and create VHOST records without having to modify the files manually.

1. Evernote
2. Pixelmator for Photoshop replacement.
3. Zoc for terminal
4. Aperture for managing photos.
5. BBEdit for coding.
6. Folx or iGetter for Download Manager.
7. Transmit for FTP/SCP
8. Chrome, Firefox, Dropbox & Skype for every installation
Evernote's awesome!

The password info they do have is still encrypted. If you encrypt your notes that's a double layer of security and if you store them in an offline folder that's the triple. Now encrypt that offline folder and it's ova man.

Have you found a good program? I'm not satisfied with Burn too.
Burn sucks. I literally have to switch over to Windows 7 to burn. There is another program I tried to use and it worked but its slow as hell (I have 16GB of Ram wtf) It's called Toast Titanium.

Okay thanks that will cut me down some research time. Looks like I have to turn it on from Terminal: http://osxdaily.com/2012/09/02/start-apache-web-server-mac-os-x/
This looks nice though: http://www.mamp.info/en/index.html
I wanted to duplicate as near as possible my VPS, so I just installed VirtualBox and set up a Debian 6.0 .VDI for it. Used the Bridge mode for the network adapter and that way I can even test my SSH settings from my WinBlows 8 laptop (and no, I DON"T like v8 of it - wish I had never partaken in the upgrade).

Droplr ( I used to have cloudapp also Shawn but droplr functions faster )
I really tried to like Droplr... but since the ability to upload your clipboard is the main thing I like about CloudApp, and Droplr doesn't support it (and their devs said they aren't going to add it), I ended up going back to CloudApp.

I really tried to like Droplr... but since the ability to upload your clipboard is the main thing I like about CloudApp, and Droplr doesn't support it (and their devs said they aren't going to add it), I ended up going back to CloudApp.
Yeah that was the decider for me too. The only thing Droplr had going for it over CloudApp was the retention time.

CloudApp did have a bit of a problem, which it looks like they have resolved. I found I'd upload a file and it'd be gone within a week, where Droplr was keeping it for about 3 months. Neither of them seem to make their retention period well published for the free tiers. Recent uploads I've done on CloudApp still seem to be there though, so maybe they extended how long they last before being wiped.

I use CloudClip which has been really reliable so far. I'm having issues with CloudApp. I installed Droplr, never used it.

Transmit is cool but I can't figure out how to save my connections instead of having to type in the password again all the time so I installed Filezilla.

Top Bottom