XF 2.2 "Your Content" under visitor tab account returns no permission to view content

Chernabog

Okay, I am super confused - not really a new thing - but I am hoping someone can help with this. I just noticed for the first time today that on all my XF installations if I am logged in, click my name (visitor tab), click account and click "Your Content" I get a permission error screen. I've reviewed all my permissions, what could possibly be blocking me from viewing my own content?

Any help is appreciated! Not a HUGE issue, but an issue nonetheless.

Happy 2023 everyone!

xf_error.webp

add-ons are going to cause me premature aging lol .. thanks for the reply @Brogan ...if it were permission based, rather than add-on, which permission would possibly block that? I've looked over and did a few searches but nothing stands out to me. Appreciate you!

add-ons are going to cause me premature aging lol .. thanks for the reply @Brogan ...if it were permission based, rather than add-on, which permission would possibly block that? I've looked over and did a few searches but nothing stands out to me. Appreciate you!
I would disable all addons first and go from there. If it works normally after disabling addons then its one of them.

I would disable all addons first and go from there. If it works normally after disabling addons then its one of them.

Well first let me thank the developers of Xenforo for having an bulk disable and enable button for add-ons! That saved me a lot of time lol

Even with all add-ons disabled, the 'your content' still throws a permissions error.

Did that with global under myself and everything relevant is a yes. It's odd because I just noticed it under all three installations. Is there a particular permission that directly impacts the your content option?

Are you sure you haven't prohibited search?

View attachment 279480

That will cause that error for "your content" as it performs a search.

Thanks @Brogan !! That got me to find the real culprit: I have search disabled in options because I did not want the search bar to show on the website. Enabled the "Your content" works fine.

If there a way to keep search enabled, but to comment out whatever string makes the search bar show up?

You can edit the template to remove the code, or use the extra.less template to hide it if it has a unique class or data attribute which can be targeted.

Thank you I'll start searching templates for search. I do not think it will end well, but if anyone wants to offer a little tutorial or lend a hand for an adult happy meal I am open to it. Fingers crossed!

Top Bottom