Lack of interest Your attachments

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

MilesDB

Requesting "Your attachments" option in userCP and in the dropdown in the navbar.

Upon clicking it should list all user's attachments in alphabetical and chronological order (choosable).

I like vB4 attachment manager but it's a little confusing to an average user. Maybe a simpler and better designed version for XenForo?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As long as it is a pool. So you can re-use the image in various content types around the board.
And there's an option to visually see what the attachment is, like an image having a thumbnail.

Nothing as fancy as Freddie did for vB, but a way to see all the attachments you made, and use for example the images on posts with [ img ] would be a great thing to have.

A basic member album, if you will. A gallery I think it would be overkill personally. This member album could be used to store avatars you like to use too.

As kindly abbreviated by Doctor.

To really finish off the multi-upload functionality here, I believe some form of management of attachments should be implemented so that we can control the attachments that we have uploaded.
Things like viewing our uploads (and how much space we've consumed), ability to delete the attachments, etc. would be useful so that we can re-use the attachments without having to scour X amount of threads looking for it to re-use.

As kindly abbreviated by Doctor.

To really finish off the multi-upload functionality here, I believe some form of management of attachments should be implemented so that we can control the attachments that we have uploaded.
Things like viewing our uploads (and how much space we've consumed), ability to delete the attachments, etc. would be useful so that we can re-use the attachments without having to scour X amount of threads looking for it to re-use.

I agree, a simple link in the user drop down menu would be great something like the your content, your attachments or something... or even better when you go to your content maybe two tabs, the second being for attachments / uploads.

Hi James,

The last thing I would want is the ability for members to delete their attachments as that would ruin threads. I really see no purpose for an attachment manager.

Hi James,

The last thing I would want is the ability for members to delete their attachments as that would ruin threads. I really see no purpose for an attachment manager.
Would you be interested in re-using pictures? Sometimes I do.

and you don't believe having all of your attachments in one central location, easily viewed, isn't a bonus? The search can't search for attachments AFAIK.

An attachment manager is pretty crude considering there isn't a way to search for your attachment. It would only be practical if you had a few dozen attachments. But what if you have thousands of attachments, looking manually for an attachment isn't practical.

Again I feel the Search function should be used to find previous attachments. Perhaps having an option box that limits results to those posts with attachments would be a cool feature to include in the Advanced Search.

How would you search for an attachment, which was not carefully named? Brogans screen shot is about how most picture attachments are titled, at least by me. I don't pay attention to what I call them.

?

attachments can be somewhat made searchable if tags can be attached to them. and the ability to allow other members to add tags would make it a much more powerful system.

Yes some kind of advanced feature would be welcome :)

I think the best way to do this is to make a simple global / public page with every attachment in a searchable 'Google Images' style directory. With the possibility for filtering according to different file extensions & sizes, uploaded by... etc.

(If you'd take this into consideration: please don't use the new layout from Google Images, old one was much better.)

Top Bottom