You might want to review your responsive styling.

Quiver

XenForo 1.2 struck me as a bit "off-tilt" to say the least.
I'll be honest, I'm all for the responsive styling and I love the new text editor.
At last, a text editor which actually works on my iPad. Wanted this for a while.
However, if you look at how XenForo 1.2 currently looks on my iPad:

image.webp

You'll see that it's not the best. ;)

I had a couple of members complaining about this too on tablets, perhaps the sidebar could be reflowed into a horizontal block layout?

I also dislike how the sidebar is in its normal width but at the bottom of the page on tablet widths (from when the sidebar is pushed down to complete lowest resolution support), it looks very odd. If it were 100% width it'd at least look better than now.

I think it should be closed to start with, only opening when chosen to see it.

I think with some CSS tweaks, you could likely get it to widen as well.

Me too. I don't think it should be closed to start but maybe use flexbox or something so it's not quite as odd looking.

is really useful to display who is online and the forum statistics on a mobilephone? I don't think so...

is really useful to display who is online and the forum statistics on a mobilephone? I don't think so...

Why not...why would being on a mobile mean I should use the forum differently, one of the first things I do after skimming whats new, I check what people I follow are viewing and then what other members are viewing. Eliminating those blocks only serves to enforce usage in a specific way which would do nothing for people that don't use those blocks and take away from those that do.

If I can't do the same things on a mobile version of a site, I don't use it.

Why not...why would being on a mobile mean I should use the forum differently, one of the first things I do after skimming whats new, I check what people I follow are viewing and then what other members are viewing. Eliminating those blocks only serves to enforce usage in a specific way which would do nothing for people that don't use those blocks and take away from those that do.

If I can't do the same things on a mobile version of a site, I don't use it.

Because they are statistics and extra information and when you're on a mobile phone this may not be useful for the user. Who's online? How many users the forum has? Staff online? I would like to know which is the use for those blocks except for the administrator....

Because they are statistics and extra information and when you're on a mobile phone this may not be useful for the user. Who's online? How many users the forum has? Staff online? I would like to know which is the use for those blocks except for the administrator....

They might not be useful to you the way you use as forum, but they are to me. And displaying them doesn't take away from your experience, but not displaying them takes away from mine.

How many people are online...ok this is a good time to post this/share X resource that I need tested, let me run back to my computer. This is useful.

Forums that never have staff online...I don't visit. As a user, the block is useful.

I swear to god I have smashed an iphone because of a mobile version of a site doing something with my account that it wouldn't have had they not forced me to use the mobile version. The site may look different but it should function the same, and I should be able to use it in the same way I use it at my desktop.

Anyway, I don't really use the forum statistics block and I never use the share block But the other ones are quite useful to the way I browse.

Top Bottom