[you] hack [Deleted]

i've added several things to this which I will of course share but I'm currently having a problem w/ the quick reply w/ quote. i want the quote to see the tag in the quote instead of seeing the converted text. your hack handles this on inline editing. any idea how to do the same w/ the quick reply?

Do you mean this in the post itself? So, if I quote your post it would expose the [you] tag ?

yes

right now I can edit a post & I see the tag, not my name.

but when I quote someone else's post that has the tag in it, my name ends up in the quick reply instead of the tag. that means once I submit it everyone would see my name in my post instead of their own. it ruins the bit.

by the way, I'm actually the creator of the old VB2 you code. it was a spin on someone else's /me code & it's been redone several times since.

so far i've added email, userid, url, formated username, & ip address. id & urlformatted username will let you build links to start a convo, profile, search for posts, etc. still working on avatar & limiting which forums can use it. since I use so much, I can't let people accidentally reveal their own info in a quick reply. normally people are so upset over the thread, they don't notice the [you] tag in their reply box which lets people to go back & forth messing w/ them. my old vb prank forum had thread years old that people would contact me over, I don't understand what I did wrong but you must have me confused w/ an old member. i'm not a criminal. etc. having fun expanding your version.

thanks

About 1.2

I have NOT tested 1.2 yet, but just by reading the update list, I am expecting things to break.
Please do not rush to update to 1.2 if this add-on is vital to you and you cannot afford to disable it.

I will be providing an update as soon as I can, but this is not the only add-on that I have. There is no ETA, but expect weeks, not days.

Please do not report bugs with 1.2 at this time, since that is not helpful, after I provide a version compatible with 1.2 I will be getting bug reports for anything that I missed.

About 1.2

I have NOT tested 1.2 yet, but just by reading the update list, I am expecting things to break.
Please do not rush to update to 1.2 if this add-on is vital to you and you cannot afford to disable it.

I will be providing an update as soon as I can, but this is not the only add-on that I have. There is no ETA, but expect weeks, not days.

Please do not report bugs with 1.2 at this time, since that is not helpful, after I provide a version compatible with 1.2 I will be getting bug reports for anything that I missed.
Just to update the status of this....

YES, it does work on XenForo 1.2 :)

WORKS !

Top Bottom