1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 "You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server." for only 1 area?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by kella, Oct 2, 2014.

1. kella

kella Member

Hey folks...getting a bizarre permissions error, but only for one subforum. This message occurs if you try to edit any of the threads in it or even try to hover over your inbox or alerts while in that subforum. All other subforums do not experience this behavior.

This isn't triggering a server error in the log, so I can't really diagnose it. Obviously this isn't a Linux permissions problem because everything else but that forum works fine.

Any ideas?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like a mod security or similar issue.

Does the forum have a specific key word?

3. kella

kella Member

http://nutopiasports.com/forum/index.php?forums/fifa-discussion.17/

It's just called "FIFA Discussion." This is a fairly new problem, and we haven't changed add-ons or anything in quite some time.

I'm not sure where to look in the ModSecurity configuration to determine what might be causing this.

e: After a little more investigation, it's only in certain threads. I will see if it might be a long title or something.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014