1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can post something only if you have reached a min no. of posts

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Marco Famà, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Marco Famà

Marco Famà Active Member

Dear all,
    as I've activated a new area in my forum which I wish can be used only by those who have a minimum number of posts-career (let's say 10), I am wondering how I can achieve this result.

Can you please help?

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Marco Famà likes this.
  3. Marco Famà

Marco Famà Active Member

Thanks for the feedback ragtek.
    I'm afraid I'm a little dumb:
    1. I've created a new User Group called "He can post on the market forum" (Mercatino is market in Italian)
    2. I've then got into Node Structure > Permissions > Market (/admin.php?node-permissions/mercatino.38)
    3. Then I've come to Unregistered and denied their permission to post
    4. Got back to Permissions > Market, and clicked "Group info" for my brand new group
    5. here I'm stuck. I would simply leave to inherit all properties for this group and that's all.
    I cannot understand how to teach the system to give users the right to post on Mercatino when having posted more than 9 posts...

This doesn't help much:

Any hints?
  4. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

Create the usergroups that have at least 10 posts and below 1o posts. Above => Post on market forum.

Users => Usergroups => User group promotions => Apply this promotion while => Content and achievements => User has posted at least XX messages. Set XX to 10.

Users => Usergroups => User group promotions =>
    Add user to user groups: Post on market forum.
    Marco Famà likes this.
  5. Marco Famà

Marco Famà Active Member

wow thanks again to both of you, this was damn helpful :$